WiiEngine with SDHC Support?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by odinfire, May 6, 2009.

May 6, 2009

WiiEngine with SDHC Support? by odinfire at 7:00 PM (9,191 Views / 0 Likes) 40 replies

1. odinfire
    OP

Newcomer odinfire Member

United States
    I was wondering if anyone might be able to lead me to a download of Wiiengine that has SDHC support? If not, is it possible for a coder to add it? My main goal is to be able to play dracula x with sound on the same SDHC card that I use for my other homebrew. (I do own an original of the game by the way)

Any help would be appreciated.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Wow, i took i look at it and it's really complicated to port this one to the new libogc. I could try to port it, but i'm not sure if it would work.

3. WiiPower

Germany
    I'm sorry, i really tried it, but i can't do it. I did everything i can but i still get compiling errors like:
    undefined reference to `ASND_PauseVoice'

even after adding the include where it is defined and adding the lib required for it.

In other words, i think i could get it to work, but without sound, which is not acceptable i think.

4. WiiPower

Germany
  5. odinfire
    OP

Newcomer odinfire Member

United States
    Will do... just give me a bit.

Thanks so much.

6. odinfire
    OP

Newcomer odinfire Member

United States
    Did some testing...

The emulator now sees all the files on the sdhc card. It will load regular pc engine files and plays them with sound fine, but it gives a load error when loading the dracula x cd image (I have no other cd based games for pc engine). If I attempt to load a previous dracula x save state copied from another card, it will load the dracula x save game but the sound stutters and causes graphical slowdown. I cannot test USB support because the emulator offers no option to get to it. The emulator menu is somewhat slower loading as well. It seems to have to "think" before it goes to the next screen.

If your interested in continuing to work on this, I am willing to keep testing it and giving you feedback. If you have a paypal account, I would be willing to send some donations your way as well.

Thanks.

7. WiiPower

Germany
    So small games work fine, while big games show an error? And it actually works, but way too slow?

And about the slow menu, could it be that it's slow when reading the folder entries?

Hmm, i didn't know it's something to load such big files. I had to remove some fat commands which speed up the reading. I will try to reintegrate them again.

About usb, i don't know how it's activated, but there has to be an option to do it. The source contains lots of usb storage code.

8. WiiPower

Germany
  9. jservs7

Member jservs7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Puerto Rico
  10. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    I was actually using the wrong dol. [​IMG] The one in the wiiengine folder included in your zip didn't work, so I used the boot.dol file that was on the root of the zip file.

Seems to be working fine from what I tested. The only thing I have noticed is that some screens do take time to load when you are browsing the menu and sometimes, the selector bar will just scroll non stop unless you stop it.

Thanks for working on this and I hope you can continue on with a better revision. [​IMG]

11. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    wow wiiengine with sdhc!

I even asked Hermes to do it last year but he put wiiengine on ice and doesn't care about it anymore.

thanks WiiPower, hope you can fix the remainings bugs.

edit: fuck the download link doesn't work anymore.

12. Jimbo100

Newcomer Jimbo100 Member

Australia
    Found this too, any chance we an have it uploaded elsewhere! Love to have SDHC support for Wiiengine

13. NDSPhr34k

Newcomer NDSPhr34k Advanced Member

United States
    Says the file could only be downloaded 10 times? Can someone mirror this please?

14. kevenz

Member kevenz GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    WiiPower could you please re-upload it somewhere, like mediafire.

15. nuke888

Newcomer nuke888 Advanced Member

United States
    Lets hope somebody ll fix the wad managers out there for a good fat32 sdhc support cant make my 16GB Kingmax class4 card work on all newest managers( channel file manager 2.0 b3 and bot wad manager 1.4 and 1.4 enhanched )

16. psiko

Newcomer psiko Advanced Member

United States
    If someone will give me a copy of this emulator, I will gladly mirror it on my site.

17. NDSPhr34k

Newcomer NDSPhr34k Advanced Member

United States
    I check here daily for a mirror of this release w/ SDHC support! Please someone mirror it asap. I want to play Bonk's Adventure on the Wii lol.

18. scrappy

Newcomer scrappy Member

Germany
    You can already play it, and because the original was on cartridge, it´s a tiny ROM, it runs perfect on HUGO on the Wii.
    Just get a normal SD Card (2 GB are 4$ nowadays). Every dumped PC Engine cartridge + the emulator are less than 250megs.
    Use the Classic Controlller or a good Gamecube pad to get most out of it.

19. TryA

Newcomer TryA Newbie

France
    Hi,

I've made my own build of Wiiengine with SDHC support, which you can get HERE [obsolete] (sources included), compiled with the latest SVN snapshot of libogc + some files patched by Hermes in the libogc folder of the archive.

Unlike Hermes' previous releases, SD has priority over USB, that means you can read roms from USB only if no SD card is inserted. I didn't test CDROM games, so, I would appreciate if someone tells me if they work.

20. jservs7

Puerto Rico
    I tried Dracula X and I'm getting a load error. [​IMG]