WiiConnect24 Problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by LightyKD, Aug 27, 2009.

Aug 27, 2009

WiiConnect24 Problems by LightyKD at 10:21 PM (3,321 Views / 0 Likes) 42 replies

1. LightyKD
    OP

Member LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    OK Something has been bothering me since July. I'm hardly getting amy of my messages and when I do get thin they're like DAYS and even WEEKS late! I haven't had a "Blue Light" in forever and I'm wondering if it has something to do with preloader. If anyone wants to trade Wii Numbers to test things out then PM me but I'm worried. Most of my messages dont even come to me during standby but as soon as I turn the system on the I get a few messages. The other thing is, My WiiConnect24 updates my channel banners faithfully but that's about it.

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Doesn't preloader have a setting to send the Wii to real standby even when WiiConnect24 is on? Why do you use that anyways? You know that it's killing your Wii eventually?

Anyways: What's the color of the Wii's led when it's in standby? If it's red, that's why it only downloads messages when you turn the Wii on.

3. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Yes, I know about the Preloader and Native (Wii Menu) options for WiiConnect24 and they are both "on" or technically in Preloader's case off. Either way they are both set to allow WiiConnect24 access. and how exactly is Preloader killing my Wii? I understand the disc spinning glitch but I dont keep disc left in my system when I'm done playing them. Also, my Standby light is yellow. It's very rare that My Wii's light is ever red, unless I have to do a "Hard reset".

BTW: I just got my first test message back which was sent to me at 6:27 pm est and I only got it after turning on my system... I sent the person a message at 5:45 and now its 6:37 so ...yeah... this is annoying.

4. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    OK This is starting to get crazy now... I just received another message yet it was while My Wii was on. I still get nothing while my Wii is off. I'm starting to wonder if I should take off Preloader... the thing is I use a lot of the Preloader hacks... Any suggestions?

5. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    Wiipower means that wiiconncet24 is killing your wii slowly because your always leaving it on and wasting power when it is not in use.
    I recommend you use preloader to ignore standby settings to prolong your wii's life,
    anyways about the messages i dont really use that at all so i cant help you there

6. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Well... I use the messages feature A LOT. That's how I setup online playtime with my friends. Now instead of leaving the Wii on standby (which is about 4 watts) and knowing I have a message (via a blue light), I now have to leave my Wii ON (24 watts) to get my messages at an appropriate time. Is anyone even working on Preloader anymore. Isnt it high time for an update?!?! 1) The disc spinning glitch still isnt fixed and 2) Now you cant even receive messages from WiiConnect24 in standby. THAT is NOT good [​IMG]'

OK Here's another question...

My Preloader wont allow me to load my system menu under any other IOS except 249. If I Uninstall Preloader, will it brick my system?

7. mousex

Member mousex GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You get it for free, so don't complain.
    Tell crediar how to fix the spinning bug and he may do it but I guess you don't know how to fix it. For me messages always came in max. 15min after sending them (before Preloader), never tested it after because I use the ignore Standby setting to shutdown my HDD.

8. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Well I had a few Wii buddies time stamp their messages yesterday and the first two I received within 10 and 15 minutes respectively BUT my Wii was on at the time so receiving a blue light wasn't a problem. The last message was time stamped for 2am this morning but I got up at 9:45 today and while that message was waiting for me I never received a blue light for it until AFTER I turned on the system.

As for the IOS loading thing, I tried IOS 60 and 61 and I get a "System Files Corrupted" message when I try the two. I could go testing every IOS But I'm not sure that would help.

9. CasperH

CasperH Newbie

The thing about WiiConnect24 killing your Wii is totally bullshit.
    Nintendo is not that stupid

10. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Wether it kills your system or not isnt the issue. The issue is the fact that WiiConnect24 is working halfway right now and I'm trying to find some solution...

11. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Bullshit? Tell that the 2 people i know of who have bricks because of that. It's not consuming 4 Watts in WiiConnect24 mode, it's 10+, but the fan is not running. The Wii has 2 processors, and at least one of them is running at 100% in that mode, while the fan is not running, does that sound smart to you?

Anyways, it's strange that it's not working as it should, but i suspect it to be using IOS249 as system menu IOS, IOS249 causes other network trouble too.

12. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    I heard that 249 could be an issue but what would be a safe IOS to use. Every time I try 60 and 61, I get the "Files Corrupted" message.

13. hackotedelaplaqu

Member hackotedelaplaqu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    Reinstall preloader and you'll get rid of the "system corrupt" message.

[EDIT] A little off topic.
    When Mariokart channel, nintendo channel, mii channel are moved to SD, yo won't receive anymore "service's messages" from these channels.

14. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    That's because WiiConnect24 games/apps dont send/receive info when they're on the SD card... its normal. Even Nintendo said so. I'm going to try reinstalling Preloader to see what happens...

EDIT: The reinstall of preloader worked. Now its time to see if sending notes will work

15. xzxero

Member xzxero ♥bong milk does good for the brain♥

United States
    reinstall preloader from wiibrew.org

it fixes the spinning disc and possibly your system menu corrupted message.

16. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    OK The disc spinning and the file corrupted problems are fixed but I still need someone to test the Wii message issue.

17. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    OK, its official, Preloader blocks the Wii from blue lighting when you have a message. Anyone knows what can be done to fix this... maybe another Preloader code?

18. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    Anybody know where I may find and talk to someone familiar with Preloader codes?

19. Soplox

Banned Soplox Banned

Puerto Rico
    The exactly same problem is happening to me

And the mario kart channel can't send updates cuz it says: "There is a problem with the Wii system memory, so WiiConnect24 cannot be used. Error code: 107216"

And i can't enter in the tournaments cuz it says: "Please connect you Wii to the Internet, turn on WiiConnect24, and wait for the tournament to start"

The thing is that my Wii s connected to the internet and the WiiConnect 24 is turned on

Anyone should fix this

20. LightyKD
    OP

United States
    So its official. We need a Preloader code that fixes the WiiConnect 24 problem.