WiiBaFu does not transfer some games in wbfs

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by Giacharadan, Dec 3, 2015.

1. Giacharadan
    OP

Giacharadan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    Hello from Greece,
    I'm using WiiBaFu several years now and most games Iso or wia can be transfered to external disk using WiiBaFu. Unfortunatelly I have problems with most beloved games like Xenoblade, Metroid Prime, Red steel 2. I simply cannot transfer them to HD.I'm using the split option for games bigger than 4gb but same problem. Metroid Prime says after completing more than 50% "transfer cancelled", Xenoblade says "ready" but game is not in HD.
    What goes wrong?

2. Voxel

Voxel u wot

GBAtemp Patron
    Voxel is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 27, 2015
    United Kingdom
    England, UK
    That looks like a very old app you are using to transfer the games. Use WBFS Manager instead.

3. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
  4. Giacharadan
    OP

Giacharadan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    Thanks for quick amswer, but WBFS Manager, I used to use in the past, is for windows, I have Linux Mint.

5. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
  6. Giacharadan
    OP

Giacharadan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    I took a look at wit, I already installed it using the terminal but there is no way for me to use this tool, way too complex for my poor knowledges. I guess that I have to go to some .. college to understand the use of the supported commands. It seems that unfortunately I won't be able to play those games. I will make a last try with burning the iso images to a dvd, maybe I can run the games with wii console in this way.
    Thanks anyway

7. Jack_Sparrow

Jack_Sparrow Ruthless Pirate

Banned
    Nov 17, 2015
    United States
    The Black Pearl
    If you have linux mint than download QWBFS do a quick google search, you don't even use the terminal to install just GBEDI Package Installer

8. Giacharadan
    OP

Giacharadan Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2015
    Greece
    well. I already installed QWBFS, but cannot manage ISO files bigger than 4gb like xenoblade with qwbfs, there is nowhere a command like split that I am aware of

9. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    Wit has a GUI too
    QtWitGUI is linked on that same page.

I never tried it so I don't know how easy or hard it is to use. I just know that's the tool to use on linux. (or other OSes)