Hacking Wii64 & Wiisx

AngryGreek766

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So its been like 10 months since the team responsible for these projects have posted an updated about the emulators and i just wanted to ask does anyone know anything? will these ever be updated or have they moved on. Its sad to not see these compete as they would certainly round off the wii.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Who knows? I just hope they didn't pull a douche move and silently killed the projects.

How is it a douche move to stop programming something for free?
And they couldn't kill it. they released it open source.
It wouldn't be a douche move, but I would find it annoying if they stopped programming it and then didn't release the progress they have made. Of course, for all we know they are still diligently working on it.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know they're rewriting a dynamic recompiler or dynarec for Wii64, which will ultimately solve compatibility and stability issues, making many games runs a lot faster and smoother, less glitches and make it a lot better than the Virtual Console's abysmal selection.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
and for all we know their "progress" is really regression. and committing it to the repo sets everyone back
I get the first part, but how does committing something "set everyone back"? The announcement almost a year ago made it sound like there was quite a bit of progress. They said they were almost done with the final change.
http://emulatemii.com/wordpress/?tag=wii64

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This gets brought up every once in a while. You'd figure it would encourage them to work on the project more but eh who knows.
My guess is that its dead.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I've requested a status update on emulatemii.com (seen below), so maybe we will learn something from that.

Are any of these projects still being worked on? I ask because so many people want to know if they should keep waiting for the promised update, or should just forget about it. As disappointing as it would be to learn that such a wonderful set of emulators will have no more updates, the lack of news is far more frustrating.

crwys

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing N64 is very hard to emulate because I also notice on android the Wii64 emulators aren't that great.
Wii64 and Mupen64 AE.
They have decent compatibility and speed but pretty much have the same problems as Wii64 does with games.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing N64 is very hard to emulate because I also notice on android the Wii64 emulators aren't that great.
Wii64 and Mupen64 AE.
They have decent compatibility and speed but pretty much have the same problems as Wii64 does with games.

Well they are porting 64-bit MIPS CPU architecture to 32-bit PPC/PowerPC (Wii) CPU architecture, so is it really any wonder why it's so hard to code?

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'd be happy if they just made 1st party and RARE Inc. game run perfectly.
So, conquer bad fur day, Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye, Jetforce Gemini, DonkeyKong 64, Blast Corps, Zelda oot, Zelda MM, Super Mario 64, Pilotwings, Diddy Kong Racing, Mickey racing usa, etc...

Reactions: DreamcastBoy99

lovewiibrew

Sifjar is a pirate
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In my humblest of opinions, I would just get an ED64/64Drive and PSIO when it's released. Nothing beats playing on the original console. I have donated in the past to the wii64/wiisx team and I appreciate their hard work but it will never be up to par with the nes, genesis, etc emulators on the wii. Those are basically perfect.

Tetsuo Shima

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The Wii64Team should really learn the basics of communication. I understand that it's a hard project and that they have real-life priorities, but they left their website to rot since September 2011.
They can surely take all the time they need to work on the emulators, but I can't understand why the hell they can't find 1 minute to write a post on their site, at least to say that the project isn't dead. :angry:

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol this reminds me of Project64.
Ah, but unlike Project 64, at least we don't have to donate to use the latest (unstable) version. Plus the authors aren't douchebags who chose to pull the plug after taking the "donations".

In my humblest of opinions, I would just get an ED64/64Drive and PSIO when it's released. Nothing beats playing on the original console. I have donated in the past to the wii64/wiisx team and I appreciate their hard work but it will never be up to par with the nes, genesis, etc emulators on the wii. Those are basically perfect.
If you want to spend $90 on a flash cart, be my guest.

The Wii64Team should really learn the basics of communication. I understand that it's a hard project and that they have real-life priorities, but they left their website to rot since September 2011.
They can surely take all the time they need to work on the emulators, but I can't understand why the hell they can't find 1 minute to write a post on their site, at least to say that the project isn't dead. :angry:
No kidding, I mean yeah, they're most likely very busy with their lives (school, work, etc), not to mention working hard to get their emulators in a more stable condition, but come on! It can't be that difficult to take three minutes to update a blog!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.