( ' _ ' )
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
a bit late but:
QUOTE said:
Tehpola, Sepp256 and Emu_Kidid have released a new version of their port of Mupen64 a Nintendo 64 emulator for the Nintendo GameCube/Wii.

What's New?

* Replaced GUI
+ Menu system
+ Menu file browser
* Replaced file handling system
+ Modular file read/writes
* Gameplay resumable after exiting to menu
+ Game reset option
* Multiple ROMs may be loaded without crashing/freezing
+ Fancy splash screen and credits
* Fixed software graphics support
+ Working audio (choppy)
+ Partial support for little-endian ROMs
+ Rumble pak support

n64.jpg

Download: mupen64gc alpha r200

source

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
that list says mario 64 and a few others work

baised off the site:
Rampage
Mario 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

seem to be playable

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
that list says mario 64 and a few others work

baised off the site:
Rampage
Mario 64
Mortal Kombat Trilogy

seem to be playable

Mortal Kombat Trilogy (U) 10-20 FPS | GFX: Textures Not working | AUDIO: Choppy

Worked fine on soft gfx, broken so far on GX.

Mortal Kombat Sub-Zero Mythologies (U) 10-20 FPS | GFX: Textures Not working | AUDIO: Choppy

Worked fine on soft gfx, broken so far on GX.

Super Mario 64 (U)(E) 10-50 FPS | GFX: Blending issues | AUDIO: Choppy

Runs rather well
smile.gif
Gives a DSI sometimes when exiting the ROM, perhaps something with ARAM fetching?

Rampage (U) 10-20 FPS | GFX: Good, occasional glitches | AUDIO: Choppy

Ingame, playable.

This is just silly. Now that the wii has been hacked someone should look into working on a n64 emulator using that technology. n64 emus ran flawless on the xbox from i've heard and the wii should at least be as powerful as the xbox.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
This is just silly. Now that the wii has been hacked someone should look into working on a n64 emulator using that technology. n64 emus ran flawless on the xbox from i've heard and the wii should at least be as powerful as the xbox.

For the love of god, there's a video of a Wiimote test homebrew on Youtube. That's not enough for homebrew.
IIRC, Wii64 is using libogc to access the hardware. So no Wii port until a devkitPPC update and/or a libwii.

kellyan95

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii fanbase is MASSIVE, and that includes many hackers. It shouldn't be more than 6 months before a library is out

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Hackers with low level hardware knowledge? Also, it's a PowerPC. It takes a while to release a library. devkitARM is still getting better NDS-wise, and that's been going on for ages.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

For the love of god, there's a video of a Wiimote test homebrew on Youtube. That's not enough for homebrew.
IIRC, Wii64 is using libogc to access the hardware. So no Wii port until a devkitPPC update and/or a libwii.

You're under-estimating peoples programming skills. Like Kellyan said it won't be long. Probably a shorter ammount of time then it would take for emu_kidd to get this awful mupen project working up to any reasonable standard is my point. Which I guess went right over your head.

On a side note, there's already a 64 emulator for GC that runs only 11 games but that's 10 more than this one.

On another side note, I would really like a playable version of Killer Instinct Gold.
wub.gif

TransferPak

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Seriously guys, give them a break. This has only been the third release or something so far, yet you guys are expecting it to run all games at full speed? Besides, I'm pretty sure porting what they have on the Gamecube over to the Wii could be done in a few hours once a Wii development kit is released, so waiting for the Wii to be fully hacked is plain stupid. That, and the Gamecube could use a N64 emulator as well.

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Seriously guys, give them a break. This has only been the third release or something so far, yet you guys are expecting it to run all games at full speed? Besides, I'm pretty sure porting what they have on the Gamecube over to the Wii could be done in a few hours once a Wii development kit is released, so waiting for the Wii to be fully hacked is plain stupid. That, and the Gamecube could use a N64 emulator as well.

The truth is that despite this running off of the GC hardware it can't be played on a GC alone. Which is why it's "for the wii".

The GC's laser stops reading a disc at the 1.46gb point because that's the size of a GC iso.

So, to play a game/homebrew that uses more than that disc space you need a Wii even if it is GC homebrew.

Also, think about how long the gamecube has been out. They still don't have a working n64 emulator for it...so I don't understand your time constraints of saying it would be dumb to wait for the wii to be hacked. The time it takes for the wii to be utilized and an n64 emu to be written for it will probably be shorter than the time it has takn for a GC emu to be made since the GC came out years ago.

defrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Good to see some progress in n64 emulation on the wii, sad to see so little people work on this project,.

Ive bought some n64 games in the shopchannel because of the slow progress, this project will be in beta release when the wii2 is released in 4 years?
wtf.gif

Still, respect to the guys working on it, seems like the wii dont got the power to run emus smoothly,.

No i stick with the shopchannel n64 sales, just picking some favourites,.

wink.gif

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Good to see some progress in n64 emulation on the wii, sad to see so little people work on this project,.

Ive bought some n64 games in the shopchannel because of the slow progress, this project will be in beta release when the wii2 is released in 4 years?Â
wtf.gif

Still, respect to the guys working on it, seems like the wii dont got the power to run emus smoothly,.

No i stick with the shopchannel n64 sales, just picking some favourites,.

wink.gif

They're not running on the wii
tongue.gif
hehe i think you should re-read the first page
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: