Hardware Wii2Hdmi Overdriven audio (distorted)

xFanthomx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I bought a Wii2hdmi on amazon without knowing the overdriven audio thing. I want to talk about that. The audio is overdriven in the home menu and almost in every game (Even if it's not too noticeable) but the thing is, there seems to be no audio problems in UsbLoaderGX, which is great, but the games I load with it still have some distorted audio. Is there any utility app on the Homebrew that has the ability to lower Wii's internal volume? In some games ( I.E. Donkey Kong country Returns), the volume can be lowered down fixing this distortion.

Jacoby6000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've noticed this, too. It seems to only happen with higher pitched sounds (like when select "start" on a channel from the system menu, or on boot when it plays the system menu welcome sound). You could try to run your hdmi audio through a digital equalizer (if those exist for hdmi) and adjusting the channel levels. Otherwise if your tv has an internal eq, that would work also. None of the sounds in the games I've played so far show the distortion, so I've just been living with it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a