Wii #XXXX - Toy Story 3 (USA)

fudgi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
berlinka said:
davidnlta said:
the game is not a bad dump just 2 of the .rar files are corrupt get it right people.
eeh, do you have them then? I tried several RAR repair tools, wiseguy.... no succes.

BAD DUMP. PERIOD!
still bad dump != crc error... rar files fucked up on upload to the sites prolly

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just from the video, it looks like they recycled some of the gameplay directly from Monsters vs. Aliens. But yeah, it's a good looking game, considering it's Wii footage.

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
berlinka said:
shadowgauge said:
sup folks to get it working for you all you have to do is open winrar when your about to extract look down in the miscellaneous option check the box that says to keep broken file
and it will extract been playing for hours enjoy!
Hurrah for Shadowgauge! Thanks for the tip. It worked!
yaywii.gif

Some folks are just too stupid to understand. The error IS STILL THERE!!!. You have just told winrar to ignore it. You DID not magically make it all good! You will eventually hit the damaged part of the ISO and the game WILL lock up.

This is not like a dvd player that will skip a bad part or give some macroblocking on screen, the game will not find the correct data at some point and lock.

Just wait for a fix for those 2 rar files or download a fixed release when it comes out.

MHS70

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got ISO via torrent and upon inserting the disc it is forcing me to perform a system update to my softmodded 4.2 system which I'm concerned about doing. Maybe this a not a good ISO. Any suggestions?

goober22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MHS70 said:
Got ISO via torrent and upon inserting the disc it is forcing me to perform a system update to my softmodded 4.2 system which I'm concerned about doing. Maybe this a not a good ISO. Any suggestions?

The latest games need some more recent IOSs. Do you have IOS-53, 55, 56, 57, 60 & 61? (plus 70 if you run menu 4.2)

I used DOP-Mii v1.2 thru homebrew channel to install & patch them. The games then ran okay.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@goober

Listen i only gave ppl advice to get the game runin nothing more. i never said it would fix the games errors, so your the stupid one here
especially posting b.s like that, you shouldve help'd them. i personally beat the f'n game w/ no f'n problems so if you want to wait for something better
a fix or whatever thats on you but dont come on here disrespecting ppl cause you want attention its not right and im not the one!
and another thing i cant stand goobers,looks like crap and guess what i just stepped on some! I BETTER HIT THE LOTTO! if not IM DOING ME!
hate2.gif

JRB

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
We appreciate any help, and what Goober posted was correct.

Your info about using "Keep broken files" works, but people need to also understand that they end up with whatever corruption was there, nothing was fixed.

Just how is giving people proper information BS, NOT giving them all the info is BS as far as I'm concerned..

If you knew extracting it wouldn't fix it, just get it running, well you should have said that too, not just post what you did to be some kind of big shot.

After all you said "you shouldve help'd them"

Well seems to me that his info was more helpful considering many people know about "Keeping broken files" but very few understand it only extracts the image and doesn't fix anything.

More people like Goober are needed IMO.

And less guys that start crying because their feelings got hurt, but I guess once you move out of your parents house you'll finally grow up.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, the game is certainly playable, but as it's been posted, using the option to keep broken files from Winrar will result in a corrupt iso file. Where the corruption occurs is anyone's guess. It might very well be in the garbage data section of the iso, in which case, no harm done. But seeing as this is a rather big game, at around 2.5GB scrubbed, there is a more than 50% chance the corruption occured in the game section itself. That's bad news.
sad.gif

I played the game a little, and in the first level, where Woody was running on top of a moving train, I got stuck on one occasion, where Woody couldn't move at all, and I had to exit the level and go back to the main menu (wasn't a complete freeze of the game, just the character that couldn't move, so maybe just a game bug that should have been caught by the QC testers)

I wonder why PROMiNENT didn't release a rarfix. It should have been done within hours, if they kept their original files, which I'm sure they did. And how come the sfv file reports everything is ok, when there are two corrupt volumes? I thought it was the release group who did the sfv file too. Obviously somebody else did, after the corruption happened following a transfer, probably.

If a group releases a proper, it should be feasible to make a small patch for the PROMiNENT iso, to avoid having to redownload the iso again (except for the one who makes the patch, of course
huh.gif
). We'll see. The game was only officially released 2 days ago.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with all three of you and i wasnt calling goobers whole post bs just him calling ppl stupid thats all.
im glad that the game works i was lucky enough to get a chance to beat single player with no problems,
so if there is a breaking point its not there. maybe toy box mode who knows im playing around with that now but like you said
its weird that there is no fix or proper its been two weeks since its release and besides the pal version is out now so if ppl dont want to chance it
they can grab that if it has no problems,thanks to those who provided the programs we use now in some cases we can play almost all pal games.
yaywii.gif

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's great news, shadowgauge!
yaywii.gif
Although I could have grabbed the PAL release, I didn't want to, because even if I have no problems running PAL games on my TV (component cable with HDTV), my sister's TV (she's the big Toy Story fan) is an old model connected to the Wii through standard composite cable and not all PAL games are compatible. I didn't want to chance it.

I'll grab the Toy.Story.3.PROPER.USA.WII-dumpTruck release (just located it) right now, and if you guys show a little patience, I'll post a patch (as long as it's feasible... should be) to turn the PROMiNENT nuked iso into the dumpTruck one. Should be up tomorrow morning.

Dust2dust

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
All right guys, as I was expecting, the patch was easy to make.
tongue.gif
Makeppf found 800+ differences between the two isos, but the patch is still small (67KB). I hope it's not forbidden to post a patch here.

You can find the patch here:

h**p://www.megaupload.com/?d=JFQL4PTU (replace ** with tt)

This patch will turn

Toy_Story_3_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT

into

Toy.Story.3.PROPER.USA.WII-dumpTruck

HASHES

(Toy_Story_3_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT)

C:\toy3\Toy Story 3.iso

CRC32: c885ca46

MD5: aad429cb21acf4571163b2e34d056a35

SHA1: 90b5f2ebf7a83d205355d781463176bfc00a2159

+++++++++++++++

(Toy.Story.3.PROPER.USA.WII-dumpTruck)

C:\toy3\dumpTruck-TS3.iso

CRC32: 8341328f

MD5: f1817a8ffe4746156b799e11ca8a5fa6

SHA1: e7b0566a26fd592510acbe094279cb7ecfccb079

How to use:

1. Extract "Toy Story 3.iso" from "p-toys3.rar" (Toy_Story_3_USA_Wii-PROMiNENT)

Be sure to check "Keep broken files" in the Miscellaneous section of Winrar when you're about to start extraction.

2. Use ppf-o-matic3.exe to patch "Toy Story 3.iso"

3. All done. Enjoy!
yaywii.gif
You can check the hashes to make sure everything went ok.

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great work dust and i forgot not everyone has an hdtv my bad, im going to try the dump truck version thanks for this im sure
everyone appreciates it. now all we need is the nds version and the kids will be happy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...