Wii #XXXX - Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time (Japan)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaisuto said:
Loading this up in the Backup Launcher, it gave me Error 002.
Too bad I can't reburn it since I wasted my last disc on the unpatched one. Damn it.
error 002 huh? try either installing the IOS55 or use a modified gecko os/back up launcher with error 002 fix. this thing happened to bleach versus crusade

QUOTE(Diablo1123 @ Jan 28 2009, 08:05 PM) I'm wondering whether or not to buy a CycloDS just to play this.

Maybe when the english one
lol you're in the wrong topic. you should be in the ds version of this game board.

Anakir

Project: Melee
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SeraphisCain said:
Anakir said:
Banger said:
Master Mo said:
Hmm, I thought this was a wiiware titel? Now I know why everybody was wining about the gfx...

Yea since graphics make the game....

/ends fucking sarcasm

Graphics may not make a game that much more superior if you compare it in terms of gameplay.. but you gotta admit. Nintendo did a very poor job if the DS looks pretty much like what the Wii does. Like.. c'mon.. Nintendo can do better than that.

I'd take the portable version over the Wii thanks.

Because Nintendo was obviously involved with the development of a Final Fantasy title, right?

Blame Square, not Nintendo.

And if anything, this game is nothing more than a test of cross-platform online between the DS and Wii.

That being said, it still looks entertaining.

Ah, my apologies. I don't know why I had Nintendo in my mind. I'm guessing how the animation looks made me assume it's Nintendo by nature.. although I knew it was Square Enix, but that totally slipped my thought. Replace all the Nintendo's with Square Enix's.

Diablo1123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
xshinox said:
Diablo1123 said:
I'm wondering whether or not to buy a CycloDS just to play this.

lol you're in the wrong topic. you should be in the ds version of this game board.
Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I ment play this with the Wii DS connectivity thing.
Or I'm completely off.
smile.gif

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This Game has MULTI language! (DE, ES, JAP, US, UK, FRA)
Here's the proof:
screen1hb0.jpg

I am working on a patch for this game right now, but I guess I won't release it until I've made a few tests!
Stay tuned
wink.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zerrix said:
This Game has MULTI language! (DE, ES, JAP, US, UK, FRA)
Here's the proof:
screen1hb0.jpg

I am working on a patch for this game right now, but I guess I won't release it until I've made a few tests!
Stay tuned
wink.gif

Like i already said
tongue.gif

It even uses the same files as the DS Version (logical because it´s the same engine) but splitted and with another image format .
And of course the WII version uses Big Endian for there offsets the text strings are plain text (no compression or anything else)
wink.gif

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
In the DS Version is already Text for other languages too but only for things like Wi-Fi Settings and so.
But possibly we can insert the Text from the Wii version ( but because the Wii Version uses Big Endian offsets it would be needed to convert "every" Text offset to Little Endian the text itself should be not the problem)

Sonic4Ever

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tim2g said:
seems similar to geometry wars galxies where the graphics were nearly identical for the wii and ds versions, but this takes it one step further. i honestly cant see why the wii version has to have ds graphics to make cross console gamesply or whatever it is called possible. the polygons would have to be the same, but surely the wii version could have higher quality textures. the game seems pretty crap i think.

"Famitsu magazine gave the Wii version a 29 out of 40 and the Nintendo DS version a 30 out of 40."

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Final_Fantasy..._Time#Reception

This is pure nonsense. It is well known that the only condition in multiplayer games, is to have the same physics. NOT graphics.

Do you expect when playing Crysis online that everyone is using the same graphic options than you?

NO.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well, only a coolresx.rsb, misc_l.tpl (the "now loading..." picture) and the sound is available for the other languages. What about coolres.rsb and coolresn.rsb? Only 1 version of them is there.
I doubt all the text and images can be in that not-even-5MB-coolresx.rsb file

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diablo1123 said:
xshinox said:
Diablo1123 said:
I'm wondering whether or not to buy a CycloDS just to play this.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but I ment play this with the Wii DS connectivity thing.
Or I'm completely off.
smile.gif
oh yeah that. you dont have to get the cyclo. other flash carts have the wii ds connectivity. im not sure which though. my friend always be getting different kinds of flash carts for no reason.

Majin Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Same here...
I also burned the untouched version and got to the title screen like that, but if I change the DVD to the file-swapped one, everything is still in japanese.

Also, I have IOS55 with trucha bug enabled installed, but it somewhy doesn't start from the Disc Channel... I have a PAL Wii patched to NTSC videomode and nothing changed in the ISO.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When I first heard of this, I thought it was gonna have Wii-DS Connectivity reminiscent to that of the GameCube version which I loved.

Too bad for me.
frown.gif

Oh well, I'll still have fun playing this in between classes with my buddies. (the DS version, I mean)

xshinox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it does have it. one person could play on the wii while 3 others on their ds's can play with the wii player

hellboy1983bln

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hello Everybody.
I have a problem...i just cant start the Game?!?!
I load the Disc with Gecko or Gamma and with both the Game freezes while the "Now Loading" Screen.
I hope someone can help me^^

Thx---hellboy---

Edit: OK it works now.
biggrin.gif

After four burned DVD's
mad.gif

(First DVD burned with WiiBrickBlocker, second with WiiBrickBlocker and RegionFrii and the third Untouched).
I just burned the 4th DVD with RegionFrii but without WiiBrickBlocker and it works now
rofl2.gif

Sorry for the bad english...

I hope this helps someone...

cu

Zerrix

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, it's actually Multi (including FRA). But you still have to unlock the language with a patch or something else, which I am still working on, but I doubt I will ever release it because of the hard work to find a code which leads me straight to the solution. I will just put one more day in working to a patch, if I don't find anything, I will stop for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: I met you in my dreams.