powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kamakazie said:
A #XXXX game is not an official scene release.

A nuked release is one that has been blacklisted usually because of some form of technical problem.

ofcourse it is. it got pre'd by a recognized scene group and you can find it on scene ftps, so why would it not be a scene release?

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Koopser said:
Anybody tested this on a NTSC Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, RegionFrii e Update Remover?

Works update stripped for me on NTSC. Seems to use Japanese fonts for a simple now loading or saving message at the start but after that the Japanese seems to display normally. Haven't got too far in the game yet so I dunno if it'll be a problem later. It's a bit harsh to call gay on it for making use of colours.. but the game presents itself as more goofy than anything else.

Perseid

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mooyah: I think the Japanese text at the top is "Plug in your nunchuck.", or, at least, it went away when I plugged in my nunchuck.

This game looks decent, but it is NOT playable without knowing Japanese. Lots of unskippable text that is probably important because once I was let loose to actually play I had no idea what to do.

So wait for a US release if there ever is one.

mooyah

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
^Yep it looks like it's the standard system messages. It happens later on when you reach a save point. Not that much of a deal. You're right though, you absolutely need to know Japanese to get anywhere. The Okami/Animal Crossing style gibberish speak is a bit annoying but just another Nintendo trend not using fully voiced dialogue.

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
opcode32 said:
Kamakazie said:

A nuked release is one that has been blacklisted usually because of some form of technical problem.

ofcourse it is. it got pre'd by a recognized scene group and you can find it on scene ftps, so why would it not be a scene release?

because 2chan board were these are released have nothing to do with some lame irc room that makes the rules.

Neversoft

Trophies
XP
Country
Looks interesting! I'll wait and see if there's an English translation because this game doesn't look as camp as it is funny and quirky.

As for Birdo's gender, who cares? Even if it's gay, think of the fun you could have with that snout *schlock*

superkris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
mooyah said:
Koopser said:
Anybody tested this on a NTSC Wii with Wiikey 1.9g, RegionFrii e Update Remover?

Works update stripped for me on NTSC. Seems to use Japanese fonts for a simple now loading or saving message at the start but after that the Japanese seems to display normally. Haven't got too far in the game yet so I dunno if it'll be a problem later. It's a bit harsh to call gay on it for making use of colours.. but the game presents itself as more goofy than anything else.

What program do you use to remove the updates?

Gus122000

Trophies
XP
Country
sleep.gif

Koopser

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
mooyah said:
Koopser said:

Thanks, I'll try it when I get at home.

twoism

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone know when the English version is meant to be released? I'm dying to play this game. That theme tune is ripped straight from the Drake Redcrest show in Chibi Robo btw lol.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nephdj said:
opcode32 said:
Kamakazie said:

because 2chan board were these are released have nothing to do with some lame irc room that makes the rules.
I think its really dumb how scrubbed releases are nuked...

not only are they forcing people to upload a much larger file, but they force people to download a much larger file, so they can get a silly number.

and seriously.... rules for piracy? talk about an oxymoron.

whats even worse is it makes it hard to tell the difference between releases that just have problems and releases that are nuked cause they are scrubbed.

Mailenste

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Osaka said:
nephdj said:
opcode32 said:
Kamakazie said:

not only are they forcing people to upload a much larger file, but they force people to download a much larger file, so they can get a silly number.

whats even worse is it makes it hard to tell the difference between releases that just have problems and releases that are nuked cause they are scrubbed.
They get nuked because their releases are mislabeled. If the would label it correctly and put a simple "Scrubbed" in that filename, they wouldn't get nuked.
Simple as that. People should quit thinking that releases get nuked because they are scrubbed. Urban legend.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mailenste said:
Osaka said:
nephdj said:
opcode32 said:
Kamakazie said:

They get nuked because their releases are mislabeled. If the would label it correctly and put a simple "Scrubbed" in that filename, they wouldn't get nuked.
Simple as that. People should quit thinking that releases get nuked because they are scrubbed. Urban legend.
still doesn't explain why its nuked. whoever writes that its "nuked" because of this should just mark it as scrubbed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi