InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wii v 4.0E PAL bannerbomb hackmii HBC/dvdx /installed BootMii as boot2 nand backed up
pressing home on wiimote in HBC shows
IOS61 v19.26
Wii was v 3.4E

I thought i did steps 6 to 9 of the online part of the ulitimate system menu 4.0 guide
ulitimate system menu 4.0 guide
but now looking at it i realise i never really completed steps 6 , 7 or 8

What I did / didn't do
I added cIOS38_rev13-Installer to the apps folder to install to IOS249 using Network install mode
instead of installing the cIOS36_rev10-Installer to IOS249 as it says to in the guide
because i thought cIOS38_rev13-Installer was newer and better .

So starting at step 6 with a newer cIOS38
i tried Installing cIOS38_rev13-Installer to IOS249 using Network install mode , but i had no IOS249 on the wii.

Next i i tried Installing cIOS36 from guide
6) Install cIOS36 rev10 to IOS249 using Network install mode
but got this error
Error installing Custom IOS ticket...Error! (ret = -2011)
for some reason not sure why i ignored this Error! (ret = -2011) :/

Next i messed up err again :/ I did step 8 before step 7 :/ then i did step 7 then 8 in the right order but nothing seemed to happen either way
7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader . didnt notice anything
8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this . didnt notice anything

Next i did step 9
9) Run the 4.0 Updater YEP
DOWNLOADING IOS SUCCESSFULLY
37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E
INSTALLING IOS SUCCESSFULLY
37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E
all downloaded and installed SUCCESSFULLY

prompted to restart the Wii
Pressed the A button the Wii Restarted

Step 10 i went to the homebrew channel to do step 10 and the screen went black wii didn't respond
10) Run the IOS60 updater NOPE didnt get this far
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60
say NO to install the shop channel

So what does this mean im unsure what i need to do from this point .
Do i try to run step 10 again ?
or have i messed up ? im assuming i didnt install cIOS and i have a nintendo official firmware update .
Or do i just need to install a cIOS somehow .

What do i need to do in order to play HomeBrew Games ,emulators and Wii/VC/WW Games from SD/HDD
when i get a HDD that is ,
if i can get the Wii sorted.

The Wii is working HomeBrew Channel is there ?
and i have a Wii on system
v4.0E
IOS61 v19.26
with possibly/definatly no cIOS installed .

do i just need to install a cIOS to IOS61 ?
step 10 says > say NO to install IOS61 so do i start here
but i haven't done steps 6 , 7 or 8 either really i dont believe .

So some help would be appriciated
as im all confuzzed now

Many thanks

InTheDeep

*edited to make it clearer i hope*

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
brownmurder said:
leave it unplugged for 1 min then plug it back in

i think its a safty feature of the adapter
Cheers brownmurder lol nice name seems appropriate for this moment in time good 1

You could well be spot on there dude

phew had it unplugged for a bit

just plugged it back in nothing happening

so in a bit of anger @ my stupidty i bashed the plug and the light came back on YAY

man that was scary

So what do i do now try again from step 10 of online guide *Edit tried this just goes to black screen *Edit iv re-installed homebrew channel*
10) Run the IOS60 updater
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60

Or reinstall the Homebrew Channel
*Edit iv re-installed homebrew channel*

but kinda unsure what point to start from now

many thanks

InTheDeep

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
so Wii was v3.4E
and now Wii is v4.0E
Pal Wii
I started online guide at step 6
as i already installed HBC DVDx & BootMii from bannerbomb hackmii install before

Trying the online guide what happened
cIOS38_rev13-Installer added to folder to see if i could install instead of cIOS36_rev10-Installer
I tried Installing cIOS38_rev13-Installer to IOS249 using Network install mode but had no IOS249
so continued as per guide ish .
Error installing Custom IOS ticket...Error! (ret = -2011)

Stupidly i did step 8 before step 7 doh but it didn't seem to do anything so did 7 the 8
7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader
8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

9) Run the 4.0 Updater YEP
DOWNLOADING IOS SUCCESSFULLY 37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E
INSTALLING IOS SUCCESSFULLY 37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E
couldn't say NO to install at this point but this is at step 9
not 10 so assume all is as should be
Pressed the A buttonto Restart Wii
went to homebrew channel to start step 10
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60

But clicking to start HomeBrew Channel and just got black screen waited a couple of minutes nothing happened
couldn't restart Wii so had to
take plug out .
Wii wouldn't start at all no red light so assumed i had mullard the Wii .
But after a bit with plug out the
Wii started
and i reinstalled HBC .

Wii is now v4.0E
So whats the smart move to make next please people
try to continue from step 10 of online again ?
any Wii hacking experts know the right step for me to take now ?

Many Thanks

InTheDeep

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
why did you post the whole lot again !? makes no sense!

try reading here
Cheers kobykaan thanks for replying i will have a read up ,
i was hoping i could just carry on from online guide
step 10) Run the IOS60 updater , say NO to install IOS61 ,say YES to install IOS60 ,say YES to patch IOS60 ,say NO to install the shop channel
or as nabster92 told me plenty of times start the offline from 8-10
then do the online from step 6 ( what i was thinking of doing maybe swapping cIOS36 for cIOS38 )
But because id read and wanted to do the online for a while ,
i was convinced it should work .
hmm but it hasn't .

I posted again to make it clearer what actions i did
and because not 1 person more had looked at it for many hours
and id like to get this done .

Also would you or anybody else have some idea where my Wii is at ?
What is or isn't installed
what it's position is as to the actions iv taken ?

Many Thanks

InTheDeep

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the power thing happened to me after about a month or 2 of no play, then i smashed mine about a bit and it worked lmao, sometimes it's good to be a rage!

and, hmm, you should really be careful if you dont know what you're doing... i'm quite surprised this hasnt turned into an 'oh s*** i bricked it' topic.

IOS downgrader downgrades all IOS' on the wii to hackable (trucha bugged) ones. this allows for homebrew to be used and for cIOS etc to be installed without any errors.

downgrading to 3.2 does the same thing... but i dont know why the hell the guoide you were using said IOS downgrade AND downmgrade to 3.2... practically the same thing. unless you're on 4.0, obviously then downgrading to 3.2 would make you 3.2 lol

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
the power thing happened to me after about a month or 2 of no play, then i smashed mine about a bit and it worked lmao, sometimes it's good to be a rage!

and, hmm, you should really be careful if you dont know what you're doing...
Well obviously i dont know what i'm doing... but im trying to learn . But all this trucha an cIOS's installed over IOS's with totally different numbers and wads an sods is confusing as hell
i'm quite surprised this hasnt turned into an 'oh s*** i bricked it' topic.
Yeah Me to give it time though
Cheers mikeyt1998
please enlighten me as best u can im in dire need of enlightenment right now .

After all this though whats the state of my Wii ? do you have any info as to what ive actually done so far etc... ??
what i need to do in order to play HomeBrew Games and emulators from Wii /SD/HDD or however it works
hopefuly i'll score a HDD this week if i can get the Wii sorted.

Many thanks

InTheDeep

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what guides have you tried?!

any of the guides on this forum at all?

assuming and reading between the lines here your on 4.0 now are you?

@mikey guessing this is the guide read ulitimate system menu 4.0 guide

QUOTE said:

7) Downgrade system IOS files using IOS Downgrader

8) Downgrade to 3.2 using cIOS Downgrader even if you are already on 3.2 run this

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok reading back

QUOTE said:
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60

yet you say here

QUOTE9) Run the 4.0 Updater YEP
DOWNLOADING IOS SUCCESSFULLY 37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E
INSTALLING IOS SUCCESSFULLY 37 ,38 , 50 ,51 ,53 , 55, 60 ,61 ,SHOPPING CHANNEL , PHOTO CHANNEL 1.1 , SYSTEM MENU 4.0E

why are you trying to install IOS 60 again when it installed when you updated to 4.0 !?

Try using the cIOS downgrader as mentioned above anyhow ...

it needs to be on your sd card under SD:/apps/ then run it from HBC ......and see if you can then install 249 using wadmanger 1.4

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
kobykaan said:
ok reading back

QUOTE said:
say NO to install IOS61
say YES to install IOS60
say YES to patch IOS60

yet you say here

QUOTE9) Run the 4.0 Updater YEP

why are you trying to install IOS 60 again when it installed when you updated to 4.0 !?
I dont think i am

Try using the cIOS downgrader as mentioned above anyhow ...

it needs to be on your sd card under SD:/apps/ then run it from HBC ......and see if you can then install 249 using wadmanger 1.4
install 249 whats 249 ? I'd know what u mean if i was a leet hacker but am a noob
Hi kobykaan

why do i need to downgrade and install 249 ? explain please so i may learn as all info is just do this or that without reason and explanations of why makes ,
its hard to understand why or what the reasons are that we do the things we do .
Im trying to understand sorry .

I did step 9 and it just does what it does nothing i can do to stop anything at that point ,
it downloads then says installed i saw no info telling me to do anything at this point and thought its as it should be .
which is the last point i got to

step 10 is were u can say or NO to install IOS61 etc...

so am now on v 4.0E with IOS61 v19.26 showing in the Homebrew Channel

do i need to downgrade to get stuff working off usb HDD ?? i thought 4.0E was good for it too ?
but they say say no to IOS61 so im assuming i gotta do somthing with that ?
i pretty much am totally lost at this point 12 hours later and getting no where .
Sorry if this is all over the place but thats the best i can do .
my head it hurtz .

Many thanks

InTheDeep

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
by 249 he means IOS249, or cIOS (custom IOS)

IOS is what the wii uses to function, like it's different sets of instructions for different operations.

cIOS is not a real IOS, it was created for the sole purpose of homebrew/ hacking and is needed to run backup games through loaders, downgraders, wad managers (except wad manager 1.4) etc.

so when he says install 249 he just means install cIOS_rev9.wad

or any other cIOS that installs as 249. you can find it on the internet as a .wad and install it using wad manager, provided you have trucha bugged IOS that enable you to install .wad files.

if you have firmware 3.2 installed, you have trucha bugged IOS, if you have 3.3v2 or higher, then you dont, and you'll need to get to 3.2 or use IOS downgrader (but IOS downgrader can only be used if you have cIOS installed so you'll have to fdind a guide around that)

i suggest, comexDVDx installer to downgrade IOS35 (and give it the trucha bug again), then install cIOS_rev9.wad using wad manager 1.4 on IOS35.

there are numerous guides to downgrade/ install cIOS on a wii around here, just take a look around everywhere lol

InTheDeep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mikeyt1998 said:
by 249 he means IOS249, or cIOS (custom IOS)

IOS is what the wii uses to function, like it's different sets of instructions for different operations.

cIOS is not a real IOS, it was created for the sole purpose of homebrew/ hacking and is needed to run backup games through loaders, downgraders, wad managers (except wad manager 1.4) etc.

so when he says install 249 he just means install cIOS_rev9.wad

or any other cIOS that installs as 249. you can find it on the internet as a .wad and install it using wad manager, provided you have trucha bugged IOS that enable you to install .wad files.

if you have firmware 3.2 installed, you have trucha bugged IOS, if you have 3.3v2 or higher, then you dont, and you'll need to get to 3.2 or use IOS downgrader (but IOS downgrader can only be used if you have cIOS installed so you'll have to fdind a guide around that)

i suggest, comexDVDx installer to downgrade IOS35 (and give it the trucha bug again), then install cIOS_rev9.wad using wad manager 1.4 on IOS35.

there are numerous guides to downgrade/ install cIOS on a wii around here, just take a look around everywhere lol
Hi mikey

Cheers for the info dude , sorry to take forever to get back to you . You know how it is when u first get it up and running and u wanna add HDD drives and stuff so i

been looking into getting it done and sorted nice
smile.gif
V.nice indeed loving it .

Maybe in another week i might be closer to understanding it more lol ( i can hope ).

I suppose ill just have to learn as i go along instead of trying to rush it lol , seeing as im a bit slow .

Well thanks to assassda's the ultimate 4 guide and of course HBC and USB Loader GX i now have a HDD up and running so alls goood
smile.gif

Many Thanks

InTheDeep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y