Hacking Wii will not work at all now.

Tylervit2418

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After failing to install everything correctly from a 4.0 Wii, I think I may be fully bricked. Preloader used to work, yet now nothing will work. I hold in the reset button and nothing happens. The screen stays black as if I did not even turn the Wii on, though the light on the Wii is green.

My controller will not connect at all. I am totally clueless. What can I do?

antonkan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
lecture.gif
You must go to the retail video game store, so return your current Wii and get the new Wii. Getting the new Wii won't bricked!
yay.gif

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds pretty bad. What exactly did you do to cause this to happen? I assume you don't have bootmii? HAve you tried SaveMii(frii)?

And was it really necessary to create another thread? You already have one on the 1st page of the forum about this EXACT issue. What is it with the sudden thread spam here?

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can you boot into maintenance mode? Use a wired Gamecube controller and hold down all 4 directions on the D-Pad while booting.

Tylervit2418

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try the maintenance mode when I can, I only have wireless gamecube controllers right now.

I was using a guide to use Softmii 3 on a 4.0 wii, and after doing everything the system was corrupt.

I went back to delete the last .wad that I installed, and after installation it said complete, then "Restarting Wii"

At this point it froze for several minutes until I turned it off myself, and now nothing will work.

I also think I have bootmii, I installed it along with HBC and DVDX in the hackmii installer, but I don't know what I do with that.

Thanks guys...

sl33p

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tylervit2418 said:
I will try the maintenance mode when I can, I only have wireless gamecube controllers right now.

I was using a guide to use Softmii 3 on a 4.0 wii, and after doing everything the system was corrupt.

I went back to delete the last .wad that I installed, and after installation it said complete, then "Restarting Wii"

At this point it froze for several minutes until I turned it off myself, and now nothing will work.

I also think I have bootmii, I installed it along with HBC and DVDX in the hackmii installer, but I don't know what I do with that.

Thanks guys...

Was Bootmii installed as Boot2 or as an IOS? Did you make a backup of the system NAND? My guess is that it's unfortunately an IOS installation if you aren't seeing the Bootmii menu when you start your Wii. Unfortunately, this is seeming to be a bit over my head and I'm not sure how much more help I can be. If you can't find help here and think you have bootmii installed you might want to go over to their site or IRC channel. They may be able to help.

Tylervit2418

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's IOS. I guess since this wii was bought two weeks ago that I was only able to do the IOS installation.

EDIT: I think I know what helped cause it.

I installed CIOSCORP and thought I was done, so I installed preloader. Then I saw that I still needed to install cios60bf.wad so I did that and my system was corrupt. I then tried uninstalling cios60bf.wad, and after the uninstalling completed I was left with my current mess.

Now as I am looking for a solution, I found

"WARNING!
Do not install Preloader before installing IOS60.wad. This will create a (fixable) semi-brick. If you want to use Preloader, install it after IOS60."

I think I messed up here... It was on a different guide so I didn't blatantly ignore something like this, just wish I would have known.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could get a modchip installed and boot the pink fish disc. You need to check the modchip can boot discs though.

Or take it back to the shop?

smash_brew

I may or may not have fallen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uninstalling ios 60 was a bad move. Thats what your system menu and preloader are running on. Take it back to the shop and get a new one. In the future Never uninstall an ios.

zeldafn333

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how people can install files that they have no idea what they are or why they're installing them on a 250$ piece of hardware.
At least try to read about how these things works. There's probably 50 threads of people saying "I uninstalled IOSx and now my wii won't work. How do I fix it?"

Tylervit2418

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I know it wasn't a smart decision but in the past if things have gone wrong, I was always told to remove the last .wad that I installed because it may be corrupt.

I can't get a mod chip because it isn't my Wii. I have a wii that is 3.2u and everything works well, but my friend bought one about two weeks ago and I tried to do it on his so I don't want to have to do that.

Should we just try to send it in to Nintendo? There's a warranty though I know that they may not accept it. Is there anything I should be worried of? The only thing we were able to install so far was the CIOS and HBC, so it's not like theres stuff everywhere throughout the console.

0M39A

Trophies
XP
Country
sounds like the problem was offering to softmod a friends wii when you didnt actually know what you were doing. if you were my friend id be mighty pissed about now.

the only thing i can think of atm is see if you can get into recovery mode using the savemiifrii method. if you can, you can try the pink fish disc (but i doubt that will help you), or wait (hopefully) a couple weeks for system update 4.1, and try upgrading by modding a current wii disk to include this update. dont really like your chances though. might be time to send off to nintendo and save up a few dollars to pay your mate back.

[edit]

seeings how you have been going through a guide, you should have the trucha bug, so maybe try getting a mod chip and try an autoboot wad manager disk or something like that? just throwing idea around here, hopefully someone with more experience here will be able to help.

Tylervit2418

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I have experience as I've done four other Wii's, and I was asked to do it because everyone else talks about it so I decided to do it. I let him just take my Wii for now, he doesn't even mind since I let him take all the games along with it.

The Wii is only two weeks so the repair would be free unless they find what I did to the console. Should I just send it in asap?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Tylervit2418 said:
Well I have experience as I've done four other Wii's, and I was asked to do it because everyone else talks about it so I decided to do it. I let him just take my Wii for now, he doesn't even mind since I let him take all the games along with it.

The Wii is only two weeks so the repair would be free unless they find what I did to the console. Should I just send it in asap?

they would probably know when they check it and then charge you!

maby just take it back to the shop and make up some story about it making weird odd noises or something then just died and get it replaced under sale of goods act
smile.gif

JUST DON'T MENTION TRYING TO MOD IT!

Snave2008

Trophies
Website
www.completelyfreewii.com
XP
Country
As far as I can remember you definitely SHOULD install preloader before installing the CIOS60BF.wad. After it installs you will get the 'system is corrupt' message - then you hold the power to turn off your Wii. Then you power up and hold the reset button to boot into preloader (hence why you needed it installed) and go to the homebrew channel and reinstall preloader - then it's all gd.

I know it's bit late but I just thought it might help other people who read this thread. But yeah, take it back, say that you updated and now it's not working and get yourself a new console.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
olliepop2000 said:
Don't quote the "Sale of Goods Act" thats UK law. Not sure of your equivalent.

good point I forgot they have different consumer laws over there
frown.gif

suggest look into who deals with consumer laws are and what your buyer rights are!

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tylervit2418 said:

Thanks guys...
my guess is that you never read ANYTHING before attempting this and didnt get in the know.

sounds to me, like you've installed preloader, then installed IOS60, then since preloader is a patched system menu and runs on patched IOS60 (i believe) the original IOS means that preloader wont work off the real IOS60.

hence it said system files corrupt, and then in a panic you uninstalled the wad that the original system menu AND preloader run from, hence you have yourself a brick. and unless you have preloader/ bootmii as boot2, savemii/ maintenence mode works, then goodbye wii.

should have just installed preloader again really. saves yourself the FAIL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.