Country
United States

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if one was to make a replica of the wii shopping channel (using the source from the website, viewed on a pc) and made the downloads point to the TMD files that are available (and the rest of the files.) Would the wii encrypt the rom and let you play it as if you had purchased the game?

Blight

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's not the wii that encrypts the roms, I think.
The nintendo servers sends the encrypted file.
To play VC games without buying them you have to do either of two things.

1. crack the VC game to change the unique code to that one of your own wii.
2. crack the wii so it accepts the code that isn't it's own.

I was just thinking about the difference in the same game when you download it again. Maybe it's a timestamp.
What if the wii stores which games it bought when. You can edit the code all you want, it won't accept it if it's encoded using a different timestamp.
If the encryption is different every time it's encrypted it could be harder to reencrypt the game after the code is changed...
But then again, it could be easier too...
smile.gif

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i still don't see whats so special for these games on wii when u can play just about all of them if not all from your pc with a gamepad.... seems like a waste of money to me ... but thats just my opinion

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i mean if they remade them with wi-fi multiplayer or something where u can compete for highscores and weekly winner gets free points or something then maybe but other than that seems just like ass flavored sprinkles on a ice cream cone....

outphase

Custom title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i still don't see whats so special for these games on wii when u can play just about all of them if not all from your pc with a gamepad.... seems like a waste of money to me ... but thats just my opinion

It's a matter of legality. There exist people who do not believe in piracy.

Also, the Wii VC might be the last chance Earthbound fans can actually show there is a market for the game. Remember, the game did not sell well in its original lifetime, but since then, the game grew a (vocal) fanbase. Nintendo does acknowledge the existance of the EB faithful, but they still rely on their old sales data as the reason to not localize Mother 1+2 and Mother 3.

ozzyzak

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

I like to own things. Kinda silly eh? But on a totally serious note, I'd rather have it on the Wii so I can kick back in my bed and play on those cold nights, rather than play in a computer chair.

GameJesus

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Its not piracy if you own the orginal games which i have almost all those roms available on the VC, but there in the attic but i have them on my computer so technically it isn't piracy.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Brian117 said:
What the HELL.

Thanks for bumping it samsam12...

Why not go to page 332 and bump that "Sensor bar USB adapter" thread...

sleep.gif
or "Wii realeases?"
Anyone want to try
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/knyBygUiKLI?si=BkBsC-TZ4OrZoiPk