Wii VC problem

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Slyde1052, Aug 15, 2008.

Aug 15, 2008

Wii VC problem by Slyde1052 at 2:46 AM (939 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Slyde1052
    OP

Newcomer Slyde1052 Advanced Member

United States
    I recently installed the Homebrew Channel Beta 7 using the Twilight Hack, and everything was fine.

I update to beta 8 when it notifies me about it, load up my Wii with all manner of VC and WiiWare stuff, and now all my VC games, save for the N64 ones, are running exceedingly choppy, even those that I DLed from the Wii Shop Channel.

I'm totally new to this Wii stuff, so what could I have done to effect almost every emu on my system?

The Wad manaer that came with the homebrew channel also won't uninstall the wad for River City Ransom properly, could this be the problem? And how can I fix it? It tells me there's "Not enough Memory" even though the Wii's memory is almost totally empty after I uninstalled all the stuff I put on.

2. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    Try changing video mode. The only time I've seen choppyness was trying to run NTSC SSBB on my PAL Wii - there are some 50hz vs 60hz issues. Even after quitting the game, it'd continue to be screwey until I'd reboot the wii. This has gone away since I got component cables and started running 480p.

Are any of the VC games you've installed PAL? Do you have your wii on 50hz in settings?

3. Slyde1052
    OP

United States
    It's even happening with my legal NTSC vc dls. And I have an NTSC Wii.

As well, my VC WADs are all NTSC.

This is a recent thing.

EDIT: I just formated my wii system memory after backing up what I wanted, and the problem is still there.

4. SenorClean

Member SenorClean GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    That is strange....

My point was that once NTSC brawl made my wii jittery - everything would be jittery - including PAL stuff (and even the system menu).

5. Lumstar

Member Lumstar Princess

United States
    NTSC Wii systems cannot be set to 50hz in the settings menu. The option does not exist on them.

I don't know if 50hz homebrew works fine on an NTSC Wii, haven't tried it.

6. Slyde1052
    OP

United States
    Turns out it was my Sisters' TV's settings, I hooked my Wii up to sn older TV, and it all works just dandy.

But thank you, everyone, for your concern. [​IMG]