WII VC Ocarina Codes

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Filo97, Aug 28, 2018.

1. Filo97
    OP

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    Is it possible?

2. MichiS97

MichiS97 "Leftist snowflake milennial"

GBAtemp Patron
    MichiS97 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jun 14, 2011
    Germany
    Munich
    No, it isn't. You need to use a USB Loader for that

3. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    it could, maybe, probably, be possible if you are very patient, understand a lot of hacking and command line tools.
    cheats are patched games, usually patched in memory after the game is loaded.
    what you need is to patch the game before launching it, modifying the .dol on your computer to force specific values, and adding a code handler to force that value at every CPU cycle.

I think Wiimm has a tool to patch cheats offline, but it might be for iso not channels or dols.

theoretically, it's possible.
    If I gave you hope, sorry, but it's too complicated to achieve, just launch vWii mode and use USBLoaders ! you can enable/disable cheat on the fly without repatching/reinjecting/reinstalling the games.

edit: (more info, see it's complicated)
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/question-applying-gecko-codes-to-wii-vc-titles.488866/#post-7684494

Last edited by Cyan, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Filo97
    OP

Filo97 Zelda's totally my sister! Not lying!

Oct 8, 2015
    Italy
    Hyrule Castle
    I guess i'll just give up on cheats. I would use a usb loader, but i have the slowest usb in the world, so it's unbearable to load anything.