Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
USB DVD drive ?

You can run games from USB OR DVD

edit: you mean a DVD drive that plugs into the USB port?
In that case: I think uLoader can do that

oddgriffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have heard ppl report success with this method, but it still acts as a usb device in the sense that you cannot play gamecube backups. I guess if you have one laying around it is good, but I wouldn't go out and buy one as a choice for a usb device.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
yes it's possible using ULoader, more and more ppl with d3-2 drive's are now using this otion to play backup discs on there Wii's.
Dunno why they do that when they could use a USB external instead. Wouldn't an external DVD drive be subject to the IOS reload bug too?

technom8t

Trophies
XP
Country
FenrirWolf said:
technom8t said:
yes it's possible using ULoader, more and more ppl with d3-2 drive's are now using this otion to play backup discs on there Wii's.
Dunno why they do that when they could use a USB external instead. Wouldn't an external DVD drive be subject to the IOS reload bug too?

I think they do it because there are still a few games that do not boot via USB i.e CSI Deadly Intent, im not sure about the IOS reload bug to be honest with you, maybe someone who uses this method could clarify?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
technom8t said:
FenrirWolf said:
technom8t said:

I think they do it because there are still a few games that do not boot via USB i.e CSI Deadly Intent, im not sure about the IOS reload bug to be honest with you, maybe someone who uses this method could clarify?
No. If you use a USB DVD Drive then you still can't use games like CSI because you're still booting from USB, just not from a HD

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a heads up that i edited the title to include "DVD Drive" so people wont think this is just another external USB drive question (as i did when i came in here lol)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto