Hacking Wii Update: 3.3U Out

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay... I somehow got the 3.3U update... even though I haven't gone into the WiiShop or anything and WAD Manager worked fine yesterday. I tried to load it today, got a black screen, then noticed 3.3U in the Wii Settings. I'm pissed off. How the hell did I get it? They must have snuck it on there when I played Guitar Hero World Tour online or something, I don't know any other way. The only thing I updated was HBC.

james4204

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have updated using the two sepperate installers, wii shopping channel works fine, but it shows my wii as being 3.3E still, is this correct?

Sora Master2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
check with anytitledeleter if you got ios249.
just to make sure, you're really "save"

If AnyTD gives errors at the begining, you possible got the 3.3 update.
which doesnt bother you if you have that ios249
It does give me an error. BUT, I can't use the IOS Downgradre cuz it goes to a black screen, and if my ios249 is fine, then why doesn't my baclup laucnher channel work?
Is it cuz I have both? V.1 works, V.3 doesn't.
EDIT: OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MY BACKUP LAUNCHER V.1 DOESN'T WORK NOW!!!!!!!

WiiShizzza

Graphics juggler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Luriden said:
Okay... I somehow got the 3.3U update... even though I haven't gone into the WiiShop or anything and WAD Manager worked fine yesterday. I tried to load it today, got a black screen, then noticed 3.3U in the Wii Settings. I'm pissed off. How the hell did I get it? They must have snuck it on there when I played Guitar Hero World Tour online or something, I don't know any other way. The only thing I updated was HBC.
It could be still the 3.3 update back from June. If you have your cios249 in place everything should be good...
Are you using the newest wad manager 1.21 ?
james4204 said:
i have updated using the two sepperate installers, wii shopping channel works fine, but it shows my wii as being 3.3E still, is this correct?
Also this could be cos of you're still running the 3.3 back from june update.
Sora Master2.0 said:
QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Oct 26 2008, 12:20 PM)

It does give me an error. BUT, I can't use the IOS Downgradre cuz it goes to a black screen, and if my ios249 is fine, then why doesn't my baclup laucnher channel work?

If AnyTD gives you error, you still can see what ioses installed... See a cios249 there?
If so, then try the rev6 installer that comes with backup loader 0.3
If this won't install, You propably got a too old cios installed. (before cios_fic) Then search for the newest patchmii release from tona. that can maybe update your cios on the fly. And then try the Gator rev6 again....

I don't know more...

//EDIT:
Maybe your SD is corrupted...

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WiiShizzza said:
It could be still the 3.3 update back from June. If you have your cios249 in place everything should be good...

I'm not sure what version of Wad manager I'm using, but it worked fine yesterday. Anyway I'm assuming it auto updated at some point since I have wifi on at all times. I used downgrader to downgrade to 3.2u and everything works fine now, including both Wad manager and backup launcher 0.3.

I haven't tried going to the Wii Shop yet, but I don't have a reason to. That's why I have a modded Wii.
smile.gif

Fye_DX

Trophies
XP
Country
WiiShizzza said:
Luriden said:
james4204 said:
Also this could be cos of you're still running the 3.3 back from june update.
Sora Master2.0 said:
QUOTE(WiiShizzza @ Oct 26 2008, 12:20 PM)

If AnyTD gives you error, you still can see what ioses installed... See a cios249 there?
If so, then try the rev6 installer that comes with backup loader 0.3
If this won't install, You propably got a too old cios installed. (before cios_fic) Then search for the newest patchmii release from tona. that can maybe update your cios on the fly. And then try the Gator rev6 again....

I don't know more...

//EDIT:
Maybe your SD is corrupted...
Just a little something: don't use PatchMii... If PatchMii detects a working cIOS, it will remove it before installing the new one. In other words, you'll uninstall the older version, and it will not be able to install the new one. This happened to me, so I'm sure it works that way... =P

TiMeBoMb4u2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unsure.gif

A BIG QUESTION THAT I HAVE...

If The Homebrew Channel has found and used a "new" exploit, couldn't someone patch the WAD Manager, to use this same exploit?

Also... The exploit that The Homebrew Channel uses... is that the same exploit that "marcan" is talking about below?

marcan said:
noobwarrior7 said:
I hope we're not talking about using a remaining exploit you guys have known about for a while just to fix this minor problem. That's exactly what Nintendo wants to happen.
It's worse than that. A big exploit takes months to fix in all IOSes, like this one. What Waninkoko wants to do is a lot easier to fix, and also very powerful (it could prove critical in the future, if we really get screwed).

We have big exploits, and we have what he's thinking about.

QUOTE(BL4Z3D247 @ Oct 23 2008, 02:53 PM) not for nothing but if people followed the README and FULLY UNDERSTOOD what they were doing before they did it they wouldn't have had "bad permanent consequences", ignorance caused them not waninkoko's program(s)
READMEs don't prevent Nintendo from updating stuff.

saulin

Trophies
XP
Country
Quick question. Yikes 42 pages is too much to read.

If my Wii is modded, does this update affect the loading of any backup games or homebrew at all? Or simply this update only affects people that don't have a modchip installed?

Since I have a modchip. Is it safe to update?

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
saulin said:
Quick question. Yikes 42 pages is too much to read.

If my Wii is modded, does this update affect the loading of any backup games or homebrew at all? Or simply this update only affects people that don't have a modchip installed?

Since I have a modchip. Is it safe to update?

Im pretty sure it affects everyone. It only affects programs that use a cios *most commonly, backup loader, and wad installers.*
The only way you would be able to later change any of this is with a trucha signed disc, which is removed from anything higher than firmware 3.2.

Ghork

Trophies
XP
Country
Shouldn't it be able to update the hacks that install stuff so that they run on the new IOS instead of the old???
blink.gif

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ghork said:
Shouldn't it be able to update the hacks that install stuff so that they run on the new IOS instead of the old???
blink.gif
Those installers relied on a bug that was present in the old IOSs. This bug has been fixed. That's the whole point.
blink.gif

Xylexis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums, but I cant find an definitive answer.
Yes I did install the new 3.3(2) update from nintendo. Before that I havent done anything with homebrew or such. I've since then been able to install the new HBC 0.9. That's a start at least.
WiiQuake and WiiDuckhunt and other homebrew works.
Now my question is this: Will I be able to use the Backup Launcher 0.3?
Because I've read that it needs a cIOS. And I wont be able to install it with the 3.3(2) firmware right?
Or will there be a fix like the fix we saw with HBC 0.9?

Let me know what you think?

Gr Xyl

vic1337

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xylexis said:
Hey guys,

I've been reading the forums, but I cant find an definitive answer.
Yes I did install the new 3.3(2) update from nintendo. Before that I havent done anything with homebrew or such. I've since then been able to install the new HBC 0.9. That's a start at least.
WiiQuake and WiiDuckhunt and other homebrew works.
Now my question is this: Will I be able to use the Backup Launcher 0.3?
Because I've read that it needs a cIOS. And I wont be able to install it with the 3.3(2) firmware right?
Or will there be a fix like the fix we saw with HBC 0.9?

Let me know what you think?

Gr Xyl

it's pretty obvios that yes, the question is WHEN? i am like you i want to use the backup launcher NOW =(

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
That would require the use of the new exploit the homebrew channel beta9 is now using.
But piracy is not the purpose of homebrew, so I actually hope they (HBC developers) will not reveal how exactly it works. That would only make it easier for Nintendo to patch.

Linuks

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You'll need a cIOS in order to use the backup loader
frown.gif

Will the Wii ask me to do an update if I just install IOS51 and new WiiShop ?

mueueps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Does somebody know which games have IOS11-IOS37? Because here is a guide how to remove the October 23 update...

Anybody can help?
Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    D @ dadadad: блядь