Wii U

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It not like you can't use wii remotes for WiiU.

What is this?

Some people get mad because they get to causal and some people get made when they try
to go for "hardcore"?

People need to be reasonable.... man....

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What I didn't really get: Can we put WiiU games on it and walk around with it like a handheld ? Or can we only use it if the WiiU is on and the controller is near it ?

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
hunter291 said:
What I didn't really get: Can we put WiiU games on it and walk around with it like a handheld ? Or can we only use it if the WiiU is on and the controller is near it ?

It was expressed that it is not for portable gaming, it streams to the controller. The range will be very limited.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Nintendo has COMPLETELY lost the market of the casual gamer.
I don't agree with you, but even if they did it would be fine with me.

I think this thing looks amazing, Imagine playing a Tiger Woods Video Game and looking down to see your ball. This was demonstrated and just adds to the experience!

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
redsmas said:
hunter291 said:

It was expressed that it is not for portable gaming, it streams to the controller. The range will be very limited.

Thank you very much
biggrin.gif
Seems like I overheard that

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quietlyawesome94 said:
machomuu said:
DeadlyFoez said:

I think this thing looks amazing, Imagine playing a Tiger Woods Video Game and looking down to see your ball. This was demonstrated and just adds to the experience!
I can't. Reason being I don't like Sport games, and Wii Sports/ Resort is enough for me.

redsmas

Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Quietlyawesome94 said:
machomuu said:
DeadlyFoez said:

I can't. Reason being I don't like Sport games, and Wii Sports/ Resort is enough for me.

Its a good example though

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Nintendo has COMPLETELY lost the market of the casual gamer. Little children, older people, and the casual gamer will HATE the complexity of this new MASSIVE remote. Too many buttons and controls, and plus something else to keep your eyes on. Nintendo put TOO much effort towards fitting in to every gamer market where they are now losing the market of the children and grandma's. They tried way to hard to appease the hard core gamers. Nintendo should not have even wasted their effort. Complete fail.
Complexity? You have to be kidding me. The thing is a GIANT TOUCH SCREEN. How is that complex? It also has the exact same buttons as the Wii Remote, plus triggers. Really? Complex? ...Wow.
I'm hoping you are being sarcastic.

The wiimote: + directional pad, + and - buttons, A button, B button, 1 and 2 Buttons. In total (if you include the 4 directions of the + pad, there are 10 button presses, excluding the home button. If you include the nunchuck then that adds an analog and 2 more buttons.

This touch screen crap that REQUIRES 2 hands to use, has; A,B,X,Y, 4 way + Pad, LZ, LR, L, R, 2 analog controls. = Way more complex, and heavier, and more to have to look at than just the TV screen. This is OVERLY complex for children, old people, and casual gamers. For veteran gamers then it is not an issue.

I'm only stating my personal opinion. If you don't like it then feel free to fornicate yourself.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:

The wiimote: + directional pad, + and - buttons, A button, B button, 1 and 2 Buttons. In total (if you include the 4 directions of the + pad, there are 10 button presses, excluding the home button. If you include the nunchuck then that adds an analog and 2 more buttons.

This touch screen crap that REQUIRES 2 hands to use, has; A,B,X,Y, 4 way + Pad, LZ, LR, L, R, 2 analog controls. = Way more complex, and heavier, and more to have to look at than just the TV screen. This is OVERLY complex for children, old people, and casual gamers. For veteran gamers then it is not an issue.
Sure, you can consider that complex, but that's on paper. Putting it in your hands makes it a lot more natural for many, and it seems that the majority of the casual games will involve using just the touch, or just accelerometer. Also, the TV and the controller are used in conjunction for many things, making it a hell of a lot easier to get used to. Simply pointing at a TV isn't too hard.

Oh, and thanks for that wonderful insult. I was simply stating my own opinion as well. I don't want to insult you in anyway.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a classic controller with a screen, nothing special.

Until they manage to do something truly amazing with it, I shall refer to it as a controller accessory and nothing more.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:

Until they manage to do something truly amazing with it, I shall refer to it as a controller accessory and nothing more.
It's ironic considering that the accessory IS the controller.
wink.gif

From the looks of it, I don't think that we'll need add-ons like we did with the Wii Remote. And THAT is a great move on Nintendo's part.

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Chaz_ said:

Referring to the screen as a controller accessory, or the controller itself?

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
Slyakin said:
DeadlyFoez said:

Sure, you can consider that complex, but that's on paper. Putting it in your hands makes it a lot more natural for many, and it seems that the majority of the casual games will involve using just the touch, or just accelerometer. Also, the TV and the controller are used in conjunction for many things, making it a hell of a lot easier to get used to. Simply pointing at a TV isn't too hard.

Oh, and thanks for that wonderful insult. I was simply stating my own opinion as well. I don't want to insult you in anyway.
What kind of insult did yo feel that I said. I never said that you're an idiot. There was no insult with what I said. Reread what I said.

Telling you to fornicate yourself is not an insult, just a suggestion.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BobTheJoeBob said:
_Chaz_ said:

Referring to the screen as a controller accessory, or the controller itself?
I'm referring to the fact that it looks like a Wii with HD graphics (which is a silly reason to update a console anyway) and a controller with a screen.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The one thing I'm curious about is their backward compatibility. Of course, backward compatibility with all the gizmo's is awesome, but how far does it go? Support for wiimote, nunchuk, classic controller and wii balance board is a given (haven't fully checked the video in the opening post, but it was certainly mentioned in the press conference yesterday)...but does that mean it will have support for my guitar as well? Or have USB ports for my hard drive USB microphone? Or a SD slot? And how about gamecube support?

It's also a bit strange that they showed quite a bit of wiimote action for their new games. That's bad marketing. How is this going to convince the audience that this isn't another fancy accessoire for the wii (wii draw, anyone?)? They literally show the wiimotes more than the new console!

...or does that mean the wiiu *still cringes at the stupid name* will come packed with a wiimote as well?
unsure.gif

DeadlyFoez said:
Slyakin said:
DeadlyFoez said:
Nintendo has COMPLETELY lost the market of the casual gamer. Little children, older people, and the casual gamer will HATE the complexity of this new MASSIVE remote. Too many buttons and controls, and plus something else to keep your eyes on. Nintendo put TOO much effort towards fitting in to every gamer market where they are now losing the market of the children and grandma's. They tried way to hard to appease the hard core gamers. Nintendo should not have even wasted their effort. Complete fail.
Complexity? You have to be kidding me. The thing is a GIANT TOUCH SCREEN. How is that complex? It also has the exact same buttons as the Wii Remote, plus triggers. Really? Complex? ...Wow.

I'm only stating my personal opinion. If you don't like it then feel free to fornicate yourself.
Funny: I think it'll be exactly the opposite.

As with the wii, most games for casual gamers won't require all the buttons and gizmo's that the controller uses. Most likely, the minigames will focus on one or two aspects at the time.
Also: I don't get how you can say that it's a bad thing that the controller REQUIRES both hands. Surely you've played other consoles. They pretty much ALWAYS require two hands to use (smileys like these -
nayps3.gif
yaypsp.gif
yaynds.gif
- are fun, but I don't see myself finishing a single game on those consoles with one hand). And seeing how the thing is mostly an oversized bottom half of a DS, I think casual people will get the hang of it very fast.

For veteran users (aka hardcore gamers), I see things different. I already stated in another thread that the decision to put those 2 controller thumb thingies on the upper part of the thing is a bad move, as you can't use those with your thumbs. Furthermore, I have my doubts to the usefullness of the extra screen. Moving the HUD or minimap over there may be interesting (less screen cluttering!), but in fast paced games where looking away for a split second I think gamers will start to wish they had their map 'closer by'.

NiGHtS

Trophies
XP
Country
Us PS3 owners may as well get a Vita and be done with. Both methods offer almost the same functionality, and dont forget 8 million moves have been sold which means probably about a 1/6th or a 1/5th of PS3 owners have motion controllers too.

D

Deleted-220713

Will the the Wii-U controller have a resistive or capacitive touch screen?
Does anyone know?
or want to guess?
tongue.gif

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
It would be great if you can watch DVDs and store movies on it/play movies off a USB
Cause the idea of streaming movies from the controller sounds great.
A remote with a touch screen
ohmy.gif

Anyway, Microsoft may counter this with a console full based around kinect.
Sony?
I think they have lost...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://gbatemp.net/profile-posts/163064/