Hacking Wii U won't start game unless I update.

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I'm still new to the Wii u scene. I have a Wii U on 5.4 with tubehax setup. I used the patch to get on the eshop and downloaded the hyrule legends pack. I used wupinstaller to get the latest update v144. After all that said and done I try to start the game but won't unless my Wii U updates. Is there any homebrew to delete the flag or my options thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention that in the data management there is a preparing update file there and I can't delete it.

Last edited by Mystic Shadow,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there I'm still new to the Wii u scene. I have a Wii U on 5.4 with tubehax setup. I used the patch to get on the eshop and downloaded the hyrule legends pack. I used wupinstaller to get the latest update v144. After all that said and done I try to start the game but won't unless my Wii U updates. Is there any homebrew to delete the flag or my options thanks.

Edit: forgot to mention that in the data management there is a preparing update file there and I can't delete it.
If it says preparing update then wup installer didn't work

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done that still nothing I even let wup installer sit for 4hrs same thing. I'm just about to back up my data with saviine and format the damn thing.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have done that still nothing I even let wup installer sit for 4hrs same thing. I'm just about to back up my data with saviine and format the damn thing.
When you launch WUPInstaller, do you go back to the internet app from the pause menu or do you exit back to the home menu and then re-launch it?

Mystic Shadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't what it is now I figured for kicks I would update smash bros and that worked. So I don't understand what's going on I don't get the error screen in wupinstaller I use hfs to self host I run the kernel NOT the loadiine one then wup installer.

DragonSky

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't what it is now I figured for kicks I would update smash bros and that worked. So I don't understand what's going on I don't get the error screen in wupinstaller I use hfs to self host I run the kernel NOT the loadiine one then wup installer.
You may need to wait atleast 10-15min. Not sure if it is the same installer.

kardus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but when you download an update (from the eshop with NNU patch, I'm guessing it might happen with WUP installer too) and you try to launch it right after, if you are connected online it does some checks and will see you're actually still on 5.3.2/5.4 etc, even if you have the latest spoof and your settings say 5.5.1.

How I've got around this is: I download the update from eshop (or install it with WUPinstaller), and then unplug my connection when its done (I use a wired connection, you can turn off your WiFi on your router if you're wireless). I Turn off the Wii U and turn it back on with it (still disconnected from the internet), then I actually launch the game. Make sure not to launch the title before you reboot the console and make sure the console doesn't have a conneciton. This way it installs/launches fine with no checks, and then I have no further problems when its reconnected to the network.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: