Hardware Wii U Wiimote Problem

reddator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the Wii U where the wii remotes will not sync to the system. I know I have done it before but it has been a while. Anyone know if the new system update might fix it?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No, nothing even vaguely related to Bluetooth or controllers has changed since 5.4.0

Tried wiping the pairing list (from system settings, iirc)?
Do they work with another console?

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I tried that but it didn't work . And yes, they work fine on the Wii.
Could be your Bluetooth chip going bad. How's your gamepad connection? What's the range like?
Fresh batteries in the Wii remote?
Worst case scenario: may have to replace a chip.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah I tried that but it didn't work . And yes, they work fine on the Wii.
Wait a minute...you're saying the remotes work with the Wii?
Ummmm...forgive me for asking this...Are you properly trying to sync the controller with the Wii U???
If you're saying it works with your Wii, the controllers are obviously synced to the Wii.

reddator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I'm trying to sync the controllers with Wii U but the lights just flash and nothing happens. Do you have any more information about the bluetooth chip?

reddator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems like the gamepad is working perfectly fine with no range issues, not sure why the Wiimotes won't work. I press the sync button on the Wii U and it does absolutely nothing. I also tried pairing them using the home button method and no luck.

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it seems like the gamepad is working perfectly fine with no range issues, not sure why the Wiimotes won't work. I press the sync button on the Wii U and it does absolutely nothing. I also tried pairing them using the home button method and no luck.

How are you trying to sync? Are you just using the sync button or are you using the menu?

Hit the home button on the gamepad and use the touchscreen to get to the controller options. There's a 'sync' option in that menu.
So you hit that (which sets the WiiU to 'look' for a controller) and then hit the Wiimote.

If that doesn't work, you need to clear the Wiimotes from their affiliation with your Wii console. You've ruled out that they're not broken, so there's no reason to have them synced to that old console, right? Reset the Wii Remotes.
  • Just to be paranoid, make sure your old Wii is unplugged.
  • Remove the batteries from the Wii Remotes.
  • Wait a couple of minutes.
  • Replace the batteries, re-sync the Remotes to the Wii U, and see if the problem is resolved.

If the remote does not operate normally after checking all of the above, press the POWER button on the Wii U console and make sure the Power LED is red, and then unplug the Wii U AC adapter from the wall outlet. Wait two minutes, then plug the AC adapter back into the wall outlet, turn the Wii U console power on, and try using the remotes again.

Come back to me if that doesn't work.

reddator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I tried everything you told me and unfortunately had no luck. I tried syncing with both the red button and from the menu and I made sure the Wii wasn't plugged in but no luck. I'm starting to think that I may need a repair

reddator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also if I try to boot into Wii mode or start a Wii game it only goes into a black screen. Is this due to the remotes not being synced?

cmj3169

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with the Wii U where the wii remotes will not sync to the system. I know I have done it before but it has been a while. Anyone know if the new system update might fix it?
To get my Wii mote synced, I had to remove the SD card. I had the exact same problems until I just booted the Wii u with no SD card, after sync just reboot with card in.

maufy12345

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
To get my Wii mote synced, I had to remove the SD card. I had the exact same problems until I just booted the Wii u with no SD card, after sync just reboot with card in.
Thank you!! After searching all over the internet, this is the only comment to suggest the SD card solution that worked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche