Wii-U USA Details

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
$349 means €349 in Europe... My wallet says "ouch".
According to French and German Amazon, they really charge that much. Even in Britain where hardware is usually cheaper that have the same price.
Consoles aren't exactly cheaper in the UK, I'll use a 3DS's current price on Amazon as reference, a normal one costs 120£, converted to € that gives roughly 150€, so in the end, the hardware costs the same in the UK. The ones that get off with cheap stuff are only the US, Europe and Japan pay way more than them all the time (Japan even more than Europe tho), if Europe was better off than the US in economy, I'd understand, but that's not really the case atm, so I don't get why we pay this much. -.-

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
$349 = aprox. 270€

...but it rarely works that way, doesn't it? :P
Whoever does the conversions for Europe seems to be one lazy ass, we always get stuff with the same numbers in the price as the US...
Nintendo 3DS was 250$ which became 250€, PS3 was 599$ which became 599€... Damn... It really makes one cry. D=

Well, I'll eventually fork over the money like always, still, doesn't change the fact that Europeans pay way too much for games and consoles, I call it blatant discrimination! D<

Pff ..I think you are actually a lucky guy. Here in Brazil the official prices will easily reach $1000 dollars ...or even surpass that

And I'm not even kidding ..that's heart breaking :(

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
$349 = aprox. 270€

...but it rarely works that way, doesn't it? :P
Whoever does the conversions for Europe seems to be one lazy ass, we always get stuff with the same numbers in the price as the US...
Nintendo 3DS was 250$ which became 250€, PS3 was 599$ which became 599€... Damn... It really makes one cry. D=

Well, I'll eventually fork over the money like always, still, doesn't change the fact that Europeans pay way too much for games and consoles, I call it blatant discrimination! D<

Pff ..I think you are actually a lucky guy. Here in Brazil the official prices will easily reach $1000 dollars ...or even surpass that

That's what my buddy from Brazil told me; a can of Pringles cost around, what five or six dollars? Just import one from the states. Problem solved.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I hear you. Costa Rica's not nearly that bad but import taxes will usually bring it to about double the US price here. Taxes suck.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buying 2 of the black ones... Who can pass up such a great deal? lol

No but really I am going to buy 2...

Edit: One for my room and one for he living room, that way I can play even if some sucker has taken over the living room machine... Or maybe one for my other living room, either way I need 2. :(

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Edit: One for my room and one for he living room, that way I can play even if some sucker has taken over the living room machine... Or maybe one for my other living room, either way I need 2. :(

That's the beauty of it. You don't need a TV at all for it.

Reactions: 1 person

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That's the beauty of it. You don't need a TV at all for it.

Yeah that solves the TV issue but if I want to play NSMB while my wife or daughter is playing some craptastic cooking momma game... I still need the second machine.

Reactions: 1 person

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah that solves the TV issue but if I want to play NSMB while my wife or daughter is playing some craptastic cooking momma game... I still need the second machine.
One machine like that would be double the price. Maybe wii games or small games in the future,but that as far as it goes.

Anything about region lock?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States

HEY! Save some for the rest of us! :P

Izen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems kind of silly to make two different packages two different colors. What if I want a white WiiU with Deluxe Digital Promotion, or a black one with none of the extra stuff? Just seems like kind of a lame thing to do. I'm sure they'll rectify this down the line, though. Nintendos always good to us when it comes to colors.

Getting the Deluxe package, anyways. Thankfully, I want the black WiiU, gamepad, and all the trimmings.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if I want a white WiiU with Deluxe Digital Promotion, or a black one with none of the extra stuff?

CGB014_hi.jpg

Reactions: 10 people

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Reactions: 4 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Am I the only one who thinks the boxes for consoles are bland and boring as shit and don't appeal at all? I mean look at this:

3DS
3ds-box.jpg

Wii
301460095_233a7b88ea.jpg

PS3
56333-playstation-3-ps3-box.jpg

etc etc etc..

I mean, if I have one gripe with the WiiU, it's that it's packaging doesn't look as kick ass as this:

Nintendo+64+Atomic+Purple+Color+Box.png

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/PRMX5mX-hvs?si=JdjNrndYJ7PelC7q