• Replies 83
  • Likes 2

mjohn89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still on 4.0.0 should I mod Vwii before I update or does it not matter if im on the latest firmware or 4.0.0

D

Deletedmember331810

OP
It is up to you. I have tested everything and everything works fine. Installing wads, IOS, booting loaders, etc. So if it worked before and it works after, then you are probably safe to do it however you like.

Supercool330

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been no changes to vWii since october 1st. Should be good to go. 4.0.2 seems to be the smallest WiiU update to date as it only changed 2 titles (no idea what these channels are or do, but all the other updates had at least 3).

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
There's a 4.0.2 now? What's different?

A quick google search says:

Version 4.0.2 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick google search says:

Version 4.0.2 U, available via an Internet connection, includes the following improvements:
  • Further improvements to overall system stability and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience

In other words, nothing noteworthy. Gotcha :P

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since launch, there's been what, 2 actual updates that were good? The spring and the launch update. And yet the WiiU is already at v.4.0...

Pretty much. Not gonna update since there's no real need. The last update was the best one (off-screen homebrew apps mostly), but this was was meh.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much. Not gonna update since there's no real need. The last update was the best one (off-screen homebrew apps mostly), but this was was meh.

I was highly disappointed since you still need a wiimote. I don't see why the buttons on gamepad couldn't be used like a classic controller. Now that would be awesome.

But agreed, this update is nothing special.

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
did anyone try to go on youtube with the internet browser? There was an issue on 4.0.0 and videos wouldn't play anymore.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was highly disappointed since you still need a wiimote. I don't see why the buttons on gamepad couldn't be used like a classic controller. Now that would be awesome.

But agreed, this update is nothing special.

Maxternal actually explained why the buttons couldn't be mapped in vWii more, it's an overly complicated reason and can't be done, reprogramming, etc has to be done.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Maxternal actually explained why the buttons couldn't be mapped in vWii more, it's an overly complicated reason and can't be done, reprogramming, etc has to be done.
Well, can't be done is hard to tell but something Nintendo would be willing to reprogram every single IOS in vWii mode for ... I doubt that part.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, can't be done is hard to tell but something Nintendo would be willing to reprogram every single IOS in vWii mode for ... I doubt that part.

Yeah, it would be a real PITA to program that extensively :P It would be nice, but I get to play Snes, N64, Genesis, etc on the game pad :D

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Yeah, it would be a real PITA to program that extensively :P It would be nice, but I get to play Snes, N64, Genesis, etc on the game pad :D
I still think someone needs to put something like this into production
vwii-bracket-jpg.4494

D

Deletedmember331810

OP
That monstrosity will buy you a million Wii U's, Max, LOL.

You always have the best drawings, LOL

Reactions: Maxternal

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: stick a decal on it