Wii U tablet controller support for Wii/GameCube titles

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Jeremy Pettes, May 3, 2015.

1. Jeremy Pettes
    OP

Jeremy Pettes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2015
    United States
    Hello all! First and foremost I understand many have spoken before possibly about this subject and I would love to just input my own personal thoughts into this matter.

Wouldn't it be awesome to use the Wii U tablet to play your emulated games? Hear me out on this. Playing Xenoblade Chronicles or Fire Emblem (GC) would be nice to play as a handheld (I'm not looking at you 3ds Xenoblade).

My question to you experts is will we ever see anything like this? Or will this idea fade away into obscurity. As I am aware the vWii is exactly that, a (virtual) or emulated Wii on the Wii U that will enable Wii gameplay. As I can see we are allowed to play Wii titles, would it be possible for some masterful mind tinker around somewhere and allow support for the Wii U tablet? I mean we already have the option to toggle the image to the tablet, so why not go all of the way.

I don't foresee Nintendo ever creating a patch for this because I feel they will actually end up losing money since they port games like Xenoblade to their true handheld the 3ds. Have I looked past any simple solution why this cannot happen? Let me hear your thoughts ladies and gentleman of Gbatemp. Would you love to see this feature implemented, and do you think that this is just something we will never see.

2. NWPlayer123

NWPlayer123 GBAtemp Addict

Feb 17, 2012
    United States
    The Everfree Forest
    Yes, it'll happen eventually, give it time. It's on my todo list :P just a lot of work to even be able to look into it.

pedro702 and unknownperson5 like this.
  3. kprovost7314

kprovost7314 GBAtemp's Official Bara Master

Dec 24, 2014
    United States
    In that bara manga ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Would be nice to play Melee on a half-portable system. :lol::lol::lol:

4. dekuleon

dekuleon GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    dekuleon is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 1, 2010
    Brazil
    where the wind makes the curve
    I was thinking in asking the same! I will love nintendont semi portable. Awesome!!

kprovost7314 likes this.
  5. Jeremy Pettes
    OP

Jeremy Pettes Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2015
    United States
    In all honesty I understand homebrew is freeware and is meant to never be sold, but i would happily toss a couple bucks to someone in order to get things rolling. Just imagine being able to play some of your favorite GameCube Titles on the handheld! Fire Emblem, Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess, Tales of Symphonia. The list just goes on and on.

6. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock