Wii U system tranfer question.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by stsaerox, Jul 23, 2015.

1. stsaerox
    OP

stsaerox As old as the NES

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    I'm thinking to buy a second Wii U which probably is at 5.4 version and I'm going to use it for online gaming.

Is it possible to move from my Wii U on 5.3.2 all my games saves updates to a 5.4 version Wii U?

And also is it worth it or I shall search for a wii U with older updates than 5.0?

2. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    To do a system transfer, both Wii U will be updated to the last firmware.
    After a transfer, ALL your data will be in the second Wii U and the first will be "empty"

3. stsaerox
    OP

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    That's bad seems like my options are less. Maybe I have to search for Wii U with older firmware and keep it as is...

4. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    I think that all actual Wii U in stores have a firmware less than 5.4 (maybe you can see for a Wind Waker, Mario and Luigi or Wii Party bundles).
    You could buy a new Wii U and never use it, and continue to use your actual Wii U, and update if you want

5. stsaerox
    OP

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    I found two used I can't afford new ones.

6. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I doubt they sell Wii U's updated to the latest version that just came out to the internets a month ago.
    You probably have a month or two for new shipments which might have the update.

7. Djent

Djent Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Norway
    Whats wrong with the new 5.4 formware? Does it erease or not let you install the HBC?

8. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    The web exploit doesnt work on 5.4, doesnt really matter though because there's no homebrew out and there wont be any for a while

9. stsaerox
    OP

Aug 11, 2012
    Greece
    I'm wondering if homebrew will mean FOREVER OFFLINE. Is that a fact? A version spoofing seems possible?

p.s. I love splatoon online can't live without it :P :P:P

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Dr. Wahwee's castle
    Though they are working on AN exploit as they ran hacks on it the other day.