Wii U Question

Discussion in 'General Gaming Discussion' started by Intimidator88, Sep 2, 2013.

1. Intimidator88
    OP

Intimidator88 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    If i buy the limited edition Wind Waker Wii U console but already own a Wii U can i transfer my current data to the new one?

2. trumpet-205

trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    No, all datas are locked on per system basis.

3. mysticwaterfall

mysticwaterfall Streamforce Supreme Commander

Aug 11, 2008
    United States
    Right behind you
    Nintendo can probably do a system transfer if you contact them. Nothing you can do directly.

4. trumpet-205

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    They only do that when you send in a system for repair/RMA, and they most certainly replace it with another identical unit. Hence if you send in a white Wii U you won't get a Wind Waker WIi U back.

5. Intimidator88
    OP

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Well i sent them an email asking about it just in case,im hoping to hear back soon but since its labor day im not expecting anything till Tuesday.

6. Clarky

Clarky Don't you know who I think I am?

Oct 4, 2007
    United States
    I have heard stories of people who bought new Wii's (not Wii U's) and Nintendo would do a data transfer if you sent them both Wii's, not broken ones either. Then again this is a Wii U you are asking about so....

7. Intimidator88
    OP

Sep 7, 2008
    United States
    Virginia
    Well i got my email back and well it wasnt good news :(

Thank you for writing. We appreciate your interest in The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD bundle and I can understand your concerns about the content on your current system. While I realize this may be disappointing, transferring content from one Wii U system to another Wii U system is not possible at this time. While we are looking into this feature as a possibility for the future, we don't know if or when that will happen. However, rest assured that your interest in this will be documented and passed along to our other departments.

Until any further announcements are made, I can only recommend you continue checking back at our Wii U-dedicated website (www.nintendo.com/wiiu).

Sincerely,

Kevin Anderson
    Nintendo of America Inc.

8. trumpet-205

Jan 14, 2009
    United States
    Thought so. Either you sacrifice everything you bought on eShop up to this point or say no to Wind Waker Wii U.

9. ShadowSoldier

ShadowSoldier GBAtemp Guru

Oct 8, 2009
    Canada
    Or just buy the Wind Waker WiiU anyways, then sell the old one when you get the chance.

10. xwatchmanx

xwatchmanx GBAtemp's (Un)Ironic Weeaboo

Feb 13, 2012
    United States
    Pittsboro, NC
    Well the copy of Wind Waker HD included is a download code, so try this: Buy the bundle. Keep the gamepad for your old Wii U, and use the download code on your old Wii U. Then sell your new Wii U (which is identical to your old one) with your old gamepad.

No idea if you'll lose the digital Hyrule Historia this way, though.