Wii U Pre-order

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by boombox, Nov 24, 2012.

Nov 24, 2012

Wii U Pre-order by boombox at 4:04 PM (499 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. boombox
    OP

Member boombox GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Ok, so I pre-ordered a Premium Wii U with Nintendo Land a few months ago at work. I was top of the list.
    And now work have told me we won't be getting many in, and if we only get a few they'll be selling it to a customer instead... I thought about it afterward and thought it's not really fair is it?

I still pre-ordered like everyone else and therefore expect to get it on the day. Surely first come first serve on the list. I've been looking forward to it for over 1 years and I'm a massive Nintendo fan.

I dunno, maybe all gaming stores do this with their employees. I understand it's not good to have all available stock pre-ordered and none to sell on the day, but that shouldn't be my problem?!
    Do you think it's fair?

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    it should be
    customers 1st
    employees 2nd

3. SnAQ

Member SnAQ GBAtemp Fan

Sweden
    Just ask a friend to go buy your Wii U, and then he gives it to you.

I would be pissed if I preordered and didn't get one, while someone who didn't pre order just walks in and buys one.

4. boombox
    OP

United Kingdom
    I guess that's true. but I'm technically a customer and the first to pre-order. I just wish they told me beforehand, otherwise I would have just pre-ordered it elsewhere.

Yeah it does kinda suck, seeing as I thought I was certain on getting one. Guess you don't have the same rights.
    Haha, yeah part of me is just thinking of a family member buying it instead. I didn't get it to save money or to sell on either, just thought mays well pre-order here.

5. Kikirini

Member Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

United States
    If you're paying for it, you're a customer. The store will still make the same amount of money if it goes to you. There's no reason you shouldn't get one.

6. boombox
    OP

United Kingdom
    Yeah I thought so too right?!
    Maybe it's because I get discount? but I don't really care about that. Just a bit gutted they didn't tell me this when I pre-ordered! >___<
    Oh well, here's hoping there are enough on the day, as I really am last on the pre-order list now - Underdog.