Wii U invalid disc issue

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Spirical, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Spirical
    OP

Spirical Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2014
    United States
    Have anyone experienced wii u invalid disc, I recently got the new wii u and for some reason I can't play wind walker and MK8, but the super mario u come with the bundle works fine. Every time I insert the disk, I get invalid disc. I know the disc is fine because it's brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

2. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    is the mario digital? if the mario u is digital and you can't read any disks the problem must be a faulty disc drive....

btw, you should just ask the store for refund\trade.... if the console was bought days ago you should return it to store ASAP...

3. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    Check the region of the game and see if it is from the same region of your console. Nintendo has region lock, and this could be the reason of your issue.

4. Spirical
    OP

Spirical Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2014
    United States
    Mario u is not digital, its on the disc. I brought it online, so I might have to asked for a replacement.

5. Spirical
    OP

Spirical Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2014
    United States
    It's the same region, I got the games from target.

6. darkseekerliu

darkseekerliu Advanced Player

Jun 13, 2013
    Brazil
    Drakonia
    Check the disk, I see you are in USA, so check if the games are from region 001 USA (its printed on the conver and the disk itself)

But it is probably a defect with the drive. Just to be sure, try to borrow a game from a friend and test. If it doesnt work, ask for a refund or a new console.