Hardware wii u impressions

Subzero100

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How has Nintendo convinced everyone here about the new system will u buy one? did the games impress you, and what about their conference. Me personally i kinda like the zombie game, and pikmin 3 game, but everything else makes me wonder if i should just wait too see what happens. So far things aren't looking good as games are concerned, and for their e3 conference i give it a u.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm not getting a WiiU at launch.

There aren't enough games that I'd like to play.
I also kind of regret buying a 3DS at launch (although they did made up for it)

ZombiU and Pikmin 3 seems nice but I'd rather wait it out and wait until theres some more software available for it.

Knowing me I would probably end up buying it at launch anyway xd
I'm horrible at those things ;_;

JN_big3

Trophies
XP
Country
I will definitely take the risk and buy the Wii U at launch.

ZombiU and Pikmin 3 looks like it's a fun game. The games that I want to try for the Wii U is NBA 2K13, Ninja Gaiden 3, Tekken, Assassin's Creed III, Zelda HD and Lego City Undercover.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The Wii U is sexy but I'll not get it at launch.
3 simple reasons:

1. I got my hands badly burnt with the 3DS

2. The Wii U is definitely around $450 - $550 (~ slightly less than US$400) in Singapore

3. I learnt my lesson with Nintendo never to buy their consoles at launch (partly related with 1)

It looks promising and all, but the earliest time I'll get a Wii U is after the launch window.
Besides, if I get a JP 3DS, I might not get the Wii U at all because of regional issues (the Wii U is very likely region locked).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I will get it when it gets at least 2 games I want.
These include Scribblenauts Unlimited, Mario Kart 8, Assassin's Creed III, Zelda, Super Mario.
I will wait for it to go cheap.

And the thing that everyone needs to learn is that you NEVER buy a console at launch.
Just look at the old models and prices of the 360, PS3 and 3DS, they sucked!

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll pick it up at launch.

So I have the original system menu and hardware for when homebrew happens. Not to play games on it.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Not getting it on launch, in fact, I think I'll take my time with this one and wait until it's affordable.

The launch titles are absolutely pathetic - other than Scribblenauts Unlimited, Rayman Legends and ZombiU the console lacks exclusive titles that could draw me to it. Most of the titles that do interest me are either really belated ports or multiplatform games, so unless the console proves to be a really damn good media hub, it doesn't offer enough for me to break out my wallet.

In the meantime I'll carry on eyeballing the 3DS and the Vita.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I'll get it as soon as Rayman origins is available...and a black model (but that's probably straight at launch anyway).

And the thing that everyone needs to learn is that you NEVER buy a console at launch.
Just look at the old models and prices of the 360, PS3 and 3DS, they sucked!
The early wii, on the other hand, still has the best hacking capabilities. And I'm not so impressed with the latest design either (no gamecube support).

While I know the chances of the wiiU being easily hackable are unknown (and very probably unlikely), it's not really a fair comparison. Of course the price will go down after some time. But by that logic, why bother going to the movies if you can just wait for the Blueray disc? Or why buy a computer if it'll be outperformed in a couple years?

RichardLaughter

Trophies
XP
sofar the software seems interresting, and if what nintendo says about having social media, youtube, ect is true then ill probably enjoy the console. i know for sure im getting one. i already started saving up :D i think im most excited about the miiverse so far. it'll be fun to be able to friend new pals to whipe the floor with, without having to leave the home screen.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I regretted for Wii at Launch thanks to no 3rd party so I m not going to buy it until I see many 3rd party have many good games for it. Money wise and be safe. I dont own 3DS too but there are few good games and I wont buy it until there are enough and 3DS lite too. :)

RichardLaughter

Trophies
XP
I regretted for Wii at Launch thanks to no 3rd party so I m not going to buy it until I see many 3rd party have many good games for it. Money wise and be safe. I dont own 3DS too but there are few good games and I wont buy it until there are enough and 3DS lite too. :)
dude i thought the wii had a pretty good launch. not the best, but far better than the 3ds's.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The Wii U is likely region locked.

If it is and I get a Japanese 3DS console, then I won't be getting a Wii U anymore.

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
No worthy games as of yet. Around the time a Metroid or Zelda is released, I'll buy one, until then, no thanx.
Sure ZombiU and Pikmin 3 looks interesting but I could probably skip them.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dude i thought the wii had a pretty good launch. not the best, but far better than the 3ds's.

True but I mean I am into 3rd party mostly. First party was fine thanks to Zelda and Mario galaxy series which I enjoyed as well. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Tandem even
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    i don't think nvidia wants to get in the x64 cpu market anyways
    you've seen how much intel is struggling getting into the gpu market
    and nvidia is already doing ARM
    i don't think they want to take more focus away from their gpus
    Yeah I think Nvidia s future lays in AI GPU acceleration stuff if they can get that going it's going to be super interesting in the long term
    AI assisted game creation might become a thing
    At least that's something I think would be pretty cool.
    Don some VR glasses and gloves and talk to the computer and paint entire worlds
    "OK Cortana I want that mountain a little taller and more snow on top, and I would like some random ancient pine forest around the bottom"
    "Now we need a spring fed river flowing down the north side and add some wild life appropriate for the biome"
    Many TBs of assets and the programming of something like that is going to be tough but I think it's something we might see in 20 years maybe sooner
    @Psionic Roshambo AI assisted game creation is kinda already here, there was recently that AI that can turn any 2D image into a fully modeled 3D object, it's not perfect, but it's a starting point, beats starting from zero
    before that there was one to generate a fully modeled scene from a 2D image
    but most recently, there was one that actually generates a working unity scene with terrain and textures already set up that you can import right into unity, that's a huge time saver right there
    and using LLMs to generate NPC dialogue and even dynamically generated quests is something i'm sure is already happening
    will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: will just take some time for games made using those things to be completed and released