Hacking Wii U - Homebrew

Sukh79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Wii U for my children and was wondering how easy it is for me to hack it so i can play downloaded games from a hard-drive.

I have a Wii but that has some software on it and is quite old, so thought i should upgrade and download some games that the children would like.

Is this even possible on the Wii U. If so where do i start and is there a particular type of Wii U i should buy.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jay Clay

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi,

I am thinking of buying a Wii U for my children and was wondering how easy it is for me to hack it so i can play downloaded games from a hard-drive.

I have a Wii but that has some software on it and is quite old, so thought i should upgrade and download some games that the children would like.

Is this even possible on the Wii U. If so where do i start and is there a particular type of Wii U i should buy.

Thanks in advance for your help.
I'll not mention anything about piracy, I mean is your decision how you use those hacks, but here is the thing, right now, the wii U scene compare with the original wii, is still in early stage, what does this mean? no friendly method for your kids to play backups, of course this does not mean you can not setup your wii U, I've read lot of threads about accidentally update their wii U, so go ahead, the first thing you should do is if your wii U is on 5.3.2 install tubehax, read the stickies and enjoy.

Sukh79

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'll not mention anything about piracy, I mean is your decision how you use those hacks, but here is the thing, right now, the wii U scene compare with the original wii, is still in early stage, what does this mean? no friendly method for your kids to play backups, of course this does not mean you can not setup your wii U, I've read lot of threads about accidentally update their wii U, so go ahead, the first thing you should do is if your wii U is on 5.3.2 install tubehax, read the stickies and enjoy.

Thanks Jay,

I haven't brought one yet. but I'm guessing the one I buy will be on 5.5.0 as I'm assuming all the new consoles being sold are on this version now.
what should I do it its on 5.5.0

I had a hard drive full of games on my wii as I found it easier to have them all backed up in one place (I owned the originals) and the kids found it easy to use.

can I not plug that into the wii U I buy via homebew or some form of loader.

EclipseSin

Ignorant Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks Jay,

I haven't brought one yet. but I'm guessing the one I buy will be on 5.5.0 as I'm assuming all the new consoles being sold are on this version now.
what should I do it its on 5.5.0

I had a hard drive full of games on my wii as I found it easier to have them all backed up in one place (I owned the originals) and the kids found it easy to use.

can I not plug that into the wii U I buy via homebew or some form of loader.
You can still use your hard drive to play WII games, on the vwii mode. You will need Super Smash Brothers Brawl to use the old Smashstack or Lego Batman for bathaxx (batman is easiest imo). May be other games (like return of jodi) , but not sure. There is no other way to use Wii homebrew on the vWii without one of the disc hacks. Letterbomb and bannerbomb are not usable. You can not use the hard drive for Wii U games or hacks (at this time, may change in the future). Depending on the bundle you choose, it could still come with FW lower than 5.4.0. If you buy one of the newer bundles, it's almost definitely going to have at least 5.4.0. Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol