Status
Not open for further replies.

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, don't listen to us at all. We said MITM would be useless so obviously we are wrong there. "it will totally unlock everything and you'll have complete access"
We also said you are watching the storage go to live media and must be wrong there too so don't listen to that either. "you are reading fully unencrypted data"
And we said the beagleboard is useless on this console. And you shouldn't listen to that either. "It's the tool that will completely unlock this console"
Give me a break script kiddies. Everything we told him is true. He is watching encrypted data go to live encrypted data. MITM attacking a usb drive is completely useless. And the beagleboard again will help you in no way on this console.

Also, we didn't want to hack this console. We attempted to throw a few things out to see how much instruction we would have to give. You guys quickly dismissed us. To the point you were censoring posts. Can't wait til these guys release their "homebrew". Mostly so we can laugh at all the users complaining about their broken consoles when Nintendo shows you how little control you've gained via exploiting the headless OS.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Dude there is something coming a kernel exploit is in developpement.. Stop trolling people and please go back to codeleakers posting your bullshit.

miked63017

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that escalated fast lol. I'll be damned for asking questions, how is anybody supposed to get a start in understanding stuff without asking questions. Maybe I just won't even make an attempt. The "scene" is so quiet I am just throwing stuff out there and offering my help in exchange for info. FWIW, I have written Linux kernel modules, all kinds of apps both back end and front end using all different languages. But I guess the "scene" is a closed membership and couldn't use new people that have questions, are trying to get some perspective, and think outside the box.

Moderator: please close this thread

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Onion_Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow that escalated fast lol. I'll be damned for asking questions, how is anybody supposed to get a start in understanding stuff without asking questions. Maybe I just won't even make an attempt. The "scene" is so quiet I am just throwing stuff out there and offering my help in exchange for info. FWIW, I have written Linux kernel modules, all kinds of apps both back end and front end using all different languages. But I guess the "scene" is a closed membership and couldn't use new people that have questions, are trying to get some perspective, and think outside the box.

I'm in the same boat. I only recently got interested in this stuff when my son started breaking disks. It's been a painful learning process. I'd recommend doing a lot of reading at wiibrew.org and wiiubrew.org. There is a tremendous amount of information there and will help you learn about the wii u. Second, do a google search for fail0verfl0w's 30c3 talk from last year. They're the only team to have confirmed to have hacked the wii u, and give a great breakdown in the video about the security architecture of the system. Also, their website has a tremendous amount of information as well. The Wii U hacking thread and homebrew development thread are also chock full of useful information.

Those resources will answer a lot of questions you may have and will help shape your questions. Good luck with this journey, its very interesting and very challenging to say the least. The last thing I would mention is remember that knowledge doesn't have an age, and so if you get answered by an 11 year old that knows the answer. Just be happy you got the answer!

WulfyStylez

SALT/Bemani Princess
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in the same boat. I only recently got interested in this stuff when my son started breaking disks. It's been a painful learning process. I'd recommend doing a lot of reading at wiibrew.org and wiiubrew.org. There is a tremendous amount of information there and will help you learn about the wii u. Second, do a google search for fail0verfl0w's 30c3 talk from last year. They're the only team to have confirmed to have hacked the wii u, and give a great breakdown in the video about the security architecture of the system. Also, their website has a tremendous amount of information as well. The Wii U hacking thread and homebrew development thread are also chock full of useful information.

Those resources will answer a lot of questions you may have and will help shape your questions. Good luck with this journey, its very interesting and very challenging to say the least. The last thing I would mention is remember that knowledge doesn't have an age, and so if you get answered by an 11 year old that knows the answer. Just be happy you got the answer!

Fail0verflow's presentation on the system is a great starting point. Wiiubrew is occasionally useful, but it hardly has any useful information up at the moment. That being said, don't be afraid to ask questions! The only time people get hostile is when others make really obvious false claims for attention and that sorta stuff.

Twiggy.

Trophies
XP
Country
Just purchased a Wii U and about to install Homebrew etc.

What type of external HD to you recommend to use with it (For playing .ISO/Backed up games, storing ROMs)? Or as long as it has a Y cable/powered it should be fine.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Just purchased a Wii U and about to install Homebrew etc.

What type of external HD to you recommend to use with it (For playing .ISO/Backed up games, storing ROMs)? Or as long as it has a Y cable/powered it should be fine.

Use one that has it own external power then you wont need a Y cable taking up both usb slots

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
miked63017 Some people on here can be pretty nasty at times, but don't be discouraged by it in the slightest. Instead persevere and keep learning and prove those people wrong! :P.

FaTaL_ErRoR speaking of people being nasty on here, perhaps I was being harsh. I misinterpreted what you were saying, I thought that you were claiming to have hacked a lot of aspects of the Wii U without providing any proof. If you were simply trying to contribute ideas to the scene, I apologize for snapping at you and discrediting you. The more people we have contributing to the scene the better off the homebrew scene will be on the Wii U :)

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This idiocy shouldn't have happened, but certain users have chips on their shoulders.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @yeager1239 read thru here and if not answered, create a thread and ask...