Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Stinkerbell

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I will teach you how to use IDA Pro with PPC and ARM/thumb code, but we need to find a sane place to so that interested others can join it.
PM's don't cut it as there's no way for others openly join in the fun.

I'm still trying to find a "Common Sense/Adult minded" forum to use.

if you want, i can create a board for this on my server and give you full / admin access

noobiez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I will teach you how to use IDA Pro with PPC and ARM/thumb code, but we need to find a sane place to so that interested others can join it.

I am interested too to learn.

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Eh, count me in.

Mazamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, I'm very sorry to have blocked this thread :P
Anyway, I was only asking for an answer, if no one has it no problem, just let the thread continue on its way lol

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
proof plz.
Ok here is my reasoning

Today (march 10th) is Mar10 day, geddit? Its a big mario maker update day.

Also

March is the month when Ninty are updating everyone from the old account system to My Nintendo accounts, this will require an update, for sure.

And this

label_wiiu.png
label_3ds.png

Online Play, Rankings, etc.

Some network services may become unavailable.

Date and time
From Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:00 PM - Friday, March 11, 2016 1:00 AM Pacific Time
Affected Services
certain network services

Last time this happened we went to 5.5.1E.

D

Deleted User

Ok here is my reasoning

Also

March is the month when Ninty are updating everyone from the old account system to My Nintendo accounts, this will require an update, for sure.

And this

label_wiiu.png
label_3ds.png

Date and time
From Thursday, March 10, 2016 9:00 PM - Friday, March 11, 2016 1:00 AM Pacific Time
Affected Services
certain network services

If that's the case, then a whole new 6.0.0 is probably just around the corner™ any day now!

Timthegangsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok here is my reasoning

Also

And this

label_wiiu.png
label_3ds.png

Date and time
Affected Services
certain network services

fingers crossed the exploite gets patched and they release it haaha but even better if i doez not get patched

davetheshrew

Trophies
XP
Country
I think if Ninty patch for My Nintendo and Miitomo and all that jazz it is highly probable that Ninty will patch firmware for 3ds/New3ds/2Ds/WiiU all at once.

If Ninty patch firmware and its different to 5.5.1 I see no reason whatsoever that devs hold back 5.5 kxploits for a moment longer.

Reactions: iVcU

iVcU

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Ok here is my reasoning

Also

And this

label_wiiu.png
label_3ds.png

Date and time
Affected Services
certain network services

welP

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I think if Ninty patch for My Nintendo and Miitomo and all that jazz it is highly probable that Ninty will patch firmware for 3ds/New3ds/2Ds/WiiU all at once.

If Ninty patch firmware and its different to 5.5.1 I see no reason whatsoever that devs hold back 5.5 kxploits for a moment longer.
I'm 1000% sure browserhax will be patched in the next update, iirc the last 3DS update took out 2 additional private exploits along with stagefright and spider28hax according to the IRC

wiremajik

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cant start mario maker due to an update required anyone know if this is just a software update to MM, or a system update (nintendo direct firmware update?)

Whatnoww

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm surprised browserhax wasn't patched at all. Even a 5.5.2 wouldn't have been a real problem wouldn't it? I think that the chances of the kernel getting patched are around 30% since they probably don't know where the exploit is in the first place. That is of course if ninty doesn't have a spy somewhere, lol.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

cant start mario maker due to an update required anyone know if this is just a software update to MM, or a system update (nintendo direct firmware update?)
Most likely a game update, since some games don't start without them.

josh87402

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
For anyone wondering, yes, the Super Mario Maker update is in fact just a game update, not a big system update, luckily my "friend" brought me this game back a month after just today and I just noticed there was an update for the game, there are some big changes to the game in question though, however, the "MyNintendo" update might come soon enough, remember guys this console isn't all that dead anyway. Expect updates up to a year prior to the super stable 6.0.0 update everyone's been waiting for.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was this already discovered? http://pastebin.com/7gT17Fpe
Sorry but not following this thread so much
You're close, that syntax looks right but the hex file you posted isn't even close, should look something like this (should cut off 0x100 ancast header like I did, the IV just fixes the first 4 opcodes at the very start of the data, so you'll want to load it in at 0xFFE00100)
Screenshot_53.png
I tried loading in kernel before but half the opcodes wouldn't disassemble but I just figured it out. I'm using IDA 6.6, this was my process.
Binary File, Processor type PowerPC big-endian [PPC] -> SET
Kernel options 1, turn off delete instructions with no xrefs (third down), turn on create function if xref ->code32 exists
Kernel options 2, turn on Coagulate data and perform full stack pointer analysis
Processor options, set TOC, SDA, and MMIO to 0xFFFFFFFF, turn on subi instructions, set Instruction set to PS (Paired Singles, !!!!) and then untick server.
Hit OK to go to next window, Diassembly memory organization, ROM start address and Loading address are 0xFFE00100 (if you cut off the 0x100 ancast header which helps a bunch), hit OK
Device name is ppc, hit OK, then TURN OFF Memory layout, I/O ports and Interrupts can stay on. If you do not turn off Memory layout it will not dissassemble half the instructions correctly :\
Should like this, then you can start cleaning up functions and data
Screenshot_56.png

(BTW I'm also interested in learning ARM too @ IOSU disassembly group, PPC is pretty easy to read now)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgCjp3-rF_Y