Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a place with all maintained version of available hacks?
It would be useful as few users are releasing or doing forks of the same projects.
there are different OSdriver version, different PyGecko or TCPGecko handlers, different cheat.py, etc.

I mean a place which help selecting a version, if there are forks, download link to host them on private servers, etc.
what's possible on 3.1.0, what's possible on 5.3.2, link to github projects and downloads,
maybe a wiki page could be helpful?
currently, all links are lost in existing threads, not even on first post.
edit:
I can start a page, but wiki are rarely maintained by users unless it's a compatibility list...

This thread is very nice and helped me through the whole process (He's adding Loadiine this weekend or Monday he said). And OP is keeping links up to date and adding new stuff as it is found. I'd recommend a sticky if you're able to do that Cyan.

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Torx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@fix94 do you ever have the hdmi fail when running your OSdriver? As the gamepad freezes I lose the TV signal, where as when I use wj44's this just doesnt happen. I have tried the one from your testing site as well as self hosting it.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I made it sticky.
There are a lot of stickied thread here, maybe we should clean a little or move some to other sections.

There are some that are very out dated, you could remove them. Also it if possible it would really help a lot to separate the threads and make one separate for vWii, for example I don't see a reason for Nintendont to be sticky in a Wii U hacking thread. or we could have just one sticky thread about the vwii hacking tools and link all those stuff in it, like Nintendont etc..

Adn yeah, there is a lot of repitition in the stickies, I guess that's why you need to start with the outdated ones.

Last edited by oumoumad,

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tbh i think its getting to the point where wiiu mode and vwii could/should be split.....while its manageable for mods to fish up all the wiiu stuff and make a new section

would make finding stuff easier too as i think people are hesitant to make new threads atm for stuff leading to releases and stuff being buried in the general hacking and hombrew thread, i would prefer seeing 60 threads about 60 specific subjects rather than 1 massive 600 page thread that you have to search through for more info

Last edited by gamesquest1,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
tbh i think its getting to the point where wiiu mode and vwii could/should be split.....while its manageable for mods to fish up all the wiiu stuff and make a new section

Yep it gets very confusing with the new threads users make about problems they have with vWii :). also it makes finding Wii U mode stuff harder ^^

dkbest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I don't understund why when launch payload 532 from my web host to wii u I have o freeze or black screen.
I use osdriver kernel exploit, wii u it's with 5.32 firmware.
Thanks a lot and sorry for my bad english.

paulloeduardo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
WiiU: New update 5.1.1 Update - WebKit flaw now filled

For a few hours, a new update is available for the latest Nintendo console. Stamped 5.1.1E, this revision corrects only the fault WebKit (the browser). Nintendo seems to be very attentive to the underground scene, and this time, the company is determined to not let it go. Obviously, if one day, you want may to exploit this flaw, I invite you not to perform this update
smile.gif

Changes made by the 5.1.1E version from Nintendo :

Improvement of system stability and many other adjustments.

:nayps3: sorry .

Last edited by paulloeduardo,
Reactions: Margen67 and Reecey

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
WiiU: New update 5.1.1 Update - WebKit flaw now filled

For a few hours, a new update is available for the latest Nintendo console. Stamped 5.1.1E, this revision corrects only the fault WebKit (the browser). Nintendo seems to be very attentive to the underground scene, and this time, the company is determined to not let it go. Obviously, if one day, you want may to exploit this flaw, I invite you not to perform this update
smile.gif

Changes made by the 5.1.1E version from Nintendo :

Improvement of system stability and many other adjustments.
lol so you go get a news from a year ago from a previous firmware? lol

Eratyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp, bought a refurb Wii U yesterday and it came with 5.4.0. I have 5 days to return it for a full refund. Should I do that and get an older Wii U online? It doesn't sound like the 5.4 exploit is coming out anytime soon.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Welp, bought a refurb Wii U yesterday and it came with 5.4.0. I have 5 days to return it for a full refund. Should I do that and get an older Wii U online? It doesn't sound like the 5.4 exploit is coming out anytime soon.

If you have the option to return it now then do it and get yourself one with an older version, that's what I would do if I were in your place, I'm on 5.4.0 now too but don't have that option ^^.
the exploit for 5.4.0 should come soon but the developpers said it's much less stable than the one in 5.3.2 :)

Reactions: Margen67

Eratyx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have the option to return it now then do it and get yourself one with an older version, that's what I would do if I were in your place, I'm on 5.4.0 now too but don't have that option ^^.
the exploit for 5.4.0 should come soon but the developpers said it's much less stable than the one in 5.3.2 :)
That did seem like the smartest option. I already packaged it up. Where might I go for an older console? Having trouble finding specific info on ebay, amazon etc.

Edit: I just remembered that the sales associate at the Gamestop was really chatty about this "Skylanders Wii U" that he's been trying to sell forever. It's new and the store received it this March. 1.0.2, baby.

Last edited by Eratyx,

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
That did seem like the smartest option. I already packaged it up. Where might I go for an older console? Having trouble finding specific info on ebay, amazon etc.

The only way you would know from a used console is by asking the owner, and also showing them where they can see it in case they don't know. two times I asked in ebay and I got an answer, and both of the times the version was good ^^. I shared the ebay link here that time but I doubt it'll still be available now.

The other option is you unused Wii U, like splatoon pack for example it comes with 5.3.2 as far as I know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm debating on wearing clothes at my dentist appointment