Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
webkit will not work if I upgrade my Wii u in 5.3.2 (atm I'm in 5.1.0) ?
I'm hesitating ... DLC mario kart ... or hacking ...

You mean hacking or both :P We will get a new Webkit exploit working on latest version no matter how long it takes, there are too many bugs for it to not be possible. Update and enjoy the wonderful DLC :P

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
What about the iosu exploit, isn't there a better chance one will be found for 4.1.0 sooner/easiest than for 5.3.2? At least i was under that impression, but if not I guess I'll be updating too...

Reactions: Margen67

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the iosu exploit, isn't there a better chance one will be found for 4.1.0 sooner/easiest than for 5.3.2? At least i was under that impression, but if not I guess I'll be updating too...

Nah, we're targeting the latest version for a reason, no use using an older version anymore when so many games use newer firmwares.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nah, we're targeting the latest version for a reason, no use using an older version anymore when so many games use newer firmwares.

Good point, that would explain a lot, and yeah, I've a weird feeling that Nintendo's going to release a new firmware version as it's been about four months (I think?) since 5.3.2. They've been awfully quiet about hinting around a new FW.

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already utilized OpenDNS to block the update servers, but I'm pretty sure it blocks the eShop too, as I couldn't get on when I tried earlier. It doesn't really matter anyway, I don't have the funds to utilize the eShop as much as I'd like, and I don't have Mario Kart 8 so no DLC for me.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good point, that would explain a lot, and yeah, I've a weird feeling that Nintendo's going to release a new firmware version as it's been about four months (I think?) since 5.3.2. They've been awfully quiet about hinting around a new FW.

They're working on NX and have internally dropped support for Wii U.

Source: Wii stop receiving version updates two years before the release of the Wii U. (There was an Shop Channel update in November of 2012.)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Source: Wii stop receiving version updates two years before the release of the Wii U. (There was an Shop Channel update in November of 2012.)

As much as I'd like to believe this, I'm not really sure. Just because the Wii stopped receiving firmware updates two years before the Wii U came out doesn't mean the Wii U will suffer the same fate.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Source? Nintendo themselves stated that they are not stopping support on the Wii U. Just thought I'd let you know

http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/09/these-signs-say-nintendo-is-giving-up-on-the-wii-u/

Looks pretty evident that they didn't stop. Unless you have sources for that information, I'll take the already-published articles on reputable sites as fact and not just "some rumor" you heard elsewhere. Nintendo has other firmware versions planned.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source? Nintendo themselves stated that they are not stopping support on the Wii U. Just thought I'd let you know.

Of course they PUBLICLY stated they were still supporting the Wii U, duh! It would make no sense to publicly state "we're dropping support for Wii U". If they did that, that would literally be the worst business move ever and would guarantee the death of the console.

Wii not receiving updates for two years before the Wii U release proves my point.

FusionGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As much as I'd like to believe this, I'm not really sure. Just because the Wii stopped receiving firmware updates two years before the Wii U came out doesn't mean the Wii U will suffer the same fate.

Yet Wii U is the worst selling Nintendo console, it wouldn't make sense to keep supporting such a console.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Source? Nintendo themselves stated that they are not stopping support on the Wii U. Just thought I'd let you know

http://venturebeat.com/2015/04/09/these-signs-say-nintendo-is-giving-up-on-the-wii-u/

Looks pretty evident that they didn't stop. Unless you have sources for that information, I'll take the already-published articles on reputable sites as fact and not just "some rumor" you heard elsewhere. Nintendo has other firmware versions planned.
....So you have a link for that then? Them saying they've got other firmware versions planned? Thought not. And are you actually expecting them to say "yeah, fuk the Wii U, it's not selling so we're ditching it"? Of COURSE they're going to say that support will continue, doesn't mean it actually is doing though! ;)
(However, it's a bit early yet I'll agree: IF the NX comes out as early as the end of next year like has been rumoured I'd say there's another good 12 months for the Wii U, firmware versions and all)

Anyway, I've got my MK8 DLC 2 downloaded now - you can release your stuff whenever you're ready lads! :lol: Seriously though, like has been said by others, take as long as you need! You can't rush art and all that...;)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yet Wii U is the worst selling Nintendo console, it wouldn't make sense to keep supporting such a console.

I disagree, there's still not enough evidence to know that until it actually happens :D

....So you have a link for that then? Them saying they've got other firmware versions planned? Thought not. And are you actually expecting them to say "yeah, fuk the Wii U, it's not selling so we're ditching it"? Of COURSE they're going to say that support will continue, doesn't mean it actually is doing though! ;)
(However, it's a bit early yet I'll agree: IF the NX comes out as early as the end of next year like has been rumoured I'd say there's another good 12 months for the Wii U, firmware versions and all)

Anyway, I've got my MK8 DLC 2 downloaded now - you can release your stuff whenever you're ready lads! :lol: Seriously though, like has been said by others, take as long as you need! You can't rush art and all that...;)

With all due respect, let's just say there isn't any way to know whether they're going to release a firmware version or not :P

Zedd91

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The New Nintendo Console NX will be Release in 2016, AMD Processor is Working in a New Chip For the New Nintendo Console NX, And Nintendo stop supporting the Wii U, And Wii U will be the New Wii in Hacking Terms:D

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have seen consoles fail in the market before, Nintendo is no exception (remember the virtual boy?). Even the sega Dreamcast out sold the wiiu. when in marketing its simple math, there are too few wiiu's in the market to support the game sales needed to make more and keep the shareholders from breathing down there neck. I mean the absolute most a game can sell is the amount of consoles in the wild. Nintendo is not going to let an underselling console take them down. Who know's by the time these exploit's are finished they might work on the new nintendo NX lol

Note: I.m not saying anything bad about the wiiu software libary there are still a few jems to be released but they are NOT going to quadruple the amount of wiiu consoles in the wild that is needed (crosses fingers the new wiiu zelda doesn't get scraped for a NX release)

Chris_Highwind

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm going to say is, if there's no firmware update by the time I get Mario Kart 8, which could be June at the earliest, I might consider disabling openDNS, if only to download the DLC if it's still free by then.

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I blocked the addresses in the OP through my ASUS RT-N66U router through "Firewall - URL Filter", but it's still letting my download and install the MK8 update & DLC. That means something didn't work, right?

OP said:
Block Auto Updates
Go into the router and block the following ip's:
  • nus.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.c.shop.nintendowifi.net
  • nus.cdn.shop.wii.com
  • nus.cdn.wup.shop.nintendo.net
  • nus.wup.shop.nintendo.net

Mr. Mysterio

Super Genius
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean the absolute most a game can sell is the amount of consoles in the wild.

What do you mean?!? What about games purchased by stores that never got sold? What about discs that broke and forced the user to buy a new one? What about presents? My forgetful grandpa bought me Carnival Games: Minigolf for my birthday THREE YEARS IN A ROW!

PhyChris

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What do you mean?!? What about games purchased by stores that never got sold? What about discs that broke and forced the user to buy a new one? What about presents? My forgetful grandpa bought me Carnival Games: Minigolf for my birthday THREE YEARS IN A ROW!

well if everyone runs out now and buys 10 copys of a game we might save it.

note. the console is marketed towards a younger audience so expect a few damaged consoles out there.

Reactions: Mr. Mysterio

send0r

Trophies
Website
www.send0r.de
XP
Country
Germany
@Summerset Maybe you need to activate the filter for your Wii U. This option could be named access profiles or something like that.

If you are able to log in to Nintendo network it is not blocking correctly...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all