Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok so if i stay on lower firmware and do the vwii ssb exploit i wont have any trouble updating to 5.3.2 when i need to , because i would love to play some gamecube games on my wiiu for now ?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so if i stay on lower firmware and do the vwii ssb exploit i wont have any trouble updating to 5.3.2 when i need to , because i would love to play some gamecube games on my wiiu for now ?

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just do NOT patch any vIOSs, that has the potential of bricking the update feature

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
exactly what he said lol ^^^^^ basically run the wii mode smash exploit (any exploit like normall except letter bomb) and then only install d2x thats given in the guide on this website

Reactions: JVC2

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok thanks both of you , will try it later on ,wonder if my third party wii u pro controller would work

Not to get your hopes down, but it probably won't. Still, you won't know until you try! :P

Edit: If we're talking about vWii homebrew, that is. Third party WUP controllers have a surprising compatibility when it comes to Wii U software

hbk2004v1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Not to get your hopes down, but it probably won't. Still, you won't know until you try! :P

Edit: If we're talking about vWii homebrew, that is. Third party WUP controllers have a surprising compatibility when it comes to Wii U software

ok well i have a wii classic controller for wii and i have a playstation 2 usb adapter , so one of them has to work lol

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sooo I shouldn't have updated to 5.3.2 this morning? Mother &%$#*+! Meh it's cool though, I wanted to get the MK8 title update and dlc.

No, you're fine, 5.3.2 has been confirmed safe. However, there's always the (accurately-based) mentality that the lower the firmware you can stay on, the better off you'll be. If you have a reason/desire to update to 5.3.2 (such as DLC, eShop exclusive content, Club Nintendo code redemptions, etc.) then by all means there's nothing stopping you from doing so, but if not, and you are specifically waiting for homebrew, its recommended that you don't update unless you have to. Just remember that no one is forcing you to do anything, not even devs, the most any of us can do is recommend what to do.

Hope that clears some confusion up :)

Reactions: digipimp75

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
said it was fine to update yea. but nobody made it clear that the webkit exploit doesnt work on that firmware (to my knowledge)!!!
The old webkit exploit does not work for 5.1.0+,but that doesnt mean a new one will appear,so thats why unless you are going for code,then you dont need to worry that much.
A new webkit exploit could still be ported to new FW.

Reactions: jammybudga777

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
sweeeeet. i have been considering updateing as it would be nice to have the other features added in 5.++........ but ill hold out just a little while

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So those on 5.2.0 are shit outta luck. Great.

Shhhhhhhhh it's ok friend, don't cry

No, don't worry, those of us on 5.3.0 and up are fine, there are still literally hundreds (if not closer to thousands) of potentially exploitable bugs in the version of WebKit that Nintendo is using, and we have a handful of dedicated testers working to uncover them. So yeah, we will not be excluded, and it sounds like they have at least one, if not a few in development right now, so worst case it will just take a little extra longer, that's all :)

JVC2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought 5.3.2 was confirmed safe?

its safe since the kernel exploit works,but people that stay on 5.1.0 or less have the webkit exploit,while new FW doesnt,so we have to wait for one to appear,and Kelton2 just was mentioning his web browser exploit that looks very exploitable.
In all terms,we are ok since the kernel hasnt been fixed in 5.3.2.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
This is not by any means intended to be rude: did you discover this bug from scratch or was it on webkit repo?
It is on webkit repo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, everything almost double nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    But I could go to Aldis and get a cookie pie for like $4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or use your new cooking pan and make some, don't mind the Old leftover foods mixed in.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just eat plain flour around cops
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    thats Gluten abuse, they would shoot you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends on the color chart
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wheat flour has a lower chance at survival
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Isn't wheat flour the whitest of the white?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Rye would get shot at sight.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Depends
    img_5941-1.jpeg
    everyone mixing their flour now days
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That's whole wheat, right? Because all purpose flour is also made from wheat.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm not a flour expert I just snort it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There also is black rice flour, and its really black colored
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Bruh that's gray.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's ancientboi color
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    You need to add some activated charcoal.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've seen some that are dark dark, my wifey uses it sometimes in her bs recipes
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Seems like your wifey likes hers black. :creep:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "BS" stands for "Bowel Scraping" because that's what whole grain does.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been eating honey wheat bread scrumptious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/9xDkOHc lol living on the edge