Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait are they actually considering releasing a K exploit? That would be nice and would at least give 5.5.0/1ers something to play with until IOSU actually does get its release. *Hopes strongly for ds injects and can almost taste the Cafeiine.*

Reactions: soniczx123
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wait are they actually considering releasing a K exploit? That would be nice and would at least give 5.5.0/1ers something to play with until IOSU actually does get its release. *Hopes strongly for ds injects and can almost taste the Cafeiine.*
They're being held off until they're patched in the future, for maximum compatibility. Ask Voxel for his stuff, or develop your own. :P

P.S.: IOSU has a release. Hykem said on Twitter he'd release simultaneously with another group (probably plutoo and company rofl).

Phantom64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
update
80415e5acf324157bcc8fe33d79808f4.png

Timthegangsta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DarkJediRey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
aww, i was hoping a coordinate release meant Hykem was working with a few others also. maybe still is? dude has been working really hard at this for months straight. has already documented nearly everything ios, hardware, and seeprom related. has also shown that he has access to damn near every key, which could also extend the life of the hardware (speculating btw) by being able to replace disc drive ect. that is per console locked.
the only mistake he has made is jumping the gun early and providing ESTIMATED dates. exploiting a current production console is also a cat and mouse game, release too early, shit gets patched, then people update and turn into beasts when they knowingly lock the door on themselves.
i would rather see a turnkey completed package, than an easily patchable exploit that does nothing for the user.
peace/luv gbatemp

Reactions: canariobr and sanec

Flux0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks for posting this. I was concerned EmuNAND was going to end up being something that gets shown off never to be released.

I won't say I'm not a bit concerned until this stuff actually makes it out. You can never be 100% sure until its actually in your hands, but I feel OK overall with this direction.

LoganK93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so this kind of restored some hype. Sounds like things are at least going well, and they are aiming at something close to what they had on the 3DS where Smea had put together a whole starter package. It's also really nice to actually be hearing from Hykem about this, as I feel that is where a lot of the freak outs have been coming from. Just a delay, then complete radio static. Same thing has been happening with Nintendo and the Zelda U stuff, albeit somewhat less (okay a lot less) vile than what is happening here. Either way, glad there was some news and I'll just keep my Wii U unplugged.

BothyBhoy

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so this kind of restored some hype. Sounds like things are at least going well, and they are aiming at something close to what they had on the 3DS where Smea had put together a whole starter package. It's also really nice to actually be hearing from Hykem about this, as I feel that is where a lot of the freak outs have been coming from. Just a delay, then complete radio static. Same thing has been happening with Nintendo and the Zelda U stuff, albeit somewhat less (okay a lot less) vile than what is happening here. Either way, glad there was some news and I'll just keep my Wii U unplugged.
i totally agree. i feel very confidant that things will be good. an all in one package with emunand is more than we hoped for, but am impressed by what i hear....thank you..

4gionz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Edit: rereading my post it seemed..immature and condescending

I'm definatly not the kind of person who shits on devs so in the end it just sucks to see the salt team, which is literally a team of the best coders for 3ds, not really want to be a part of the scene.

Last edited by 4gionz,

AboodXD

I hack NSMB games, and other shiz.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
^ By the way, I just realised, what's up with this? I thought I heard the devs say that if they found 2 kexploits, they'd release 1 early, or something along those lines. :unsure:
Is that just my eyesight and memory, or was that an actual thing?

The second exploit is barely developped, so it barely counts!
I think that's he's logic. [emoji14]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning