Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an amateur programmer. I can do basic programs and android apps. I can speak from experience that programming can be frustrating at times, mostly when I program something I'm not use to programming. Console hacking is probably several times harder due to console hardware being undocumented and several other things. I'm not going to touch console hacking due to my limited knowledge and not wanting to brick my system.

Reactions: Angely and ant888

ant888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm an amateur programmer. I can do basic programs and android apps. I can speak from experience that programming can be frustrating at times, mostly when I program something I'm not use to programming. Console hacking is probably several times harder due to console hardware being undocumented and several other things. I'm not going to touch console hacking due to my limited knowledge and not wanting to brick my system.
+1 on this, this basically to summarize it.

Reactions: TheNerdWIzard

Fjar

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
BTW, is just me or NUSGrabbberGUI v.1.7 is not working well? when i tried to search a game update it doesn't show me the region of the update

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway delaying still is a bummer!!!1!!1!11!
When was it delayed? Hykem has said nothing about a changed release date AFAIK. Sorry if I offend someone but with all this talk about release dates when nothing has been said past "before feburary" it seems like pointless speculation to me

Last edited by Daggot,

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Bug_Checker_, , Reason: ".......not the droids ....."

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This is just my placeholder for Yellows8 's info about:
NSEC
Network security services. This uses OpenSSL, as of 5.5.0 this is: "OpenSSL 1.0.0f 4 Jan 2012".

Source:
http://wiiubrew.org/w/index.php?title=IOSU&diff=prev&oldid=1545

Looks like there are only two CVE's that are in openssl 1.0.0f and mention arbitrary code execution:
CVE-2012-2110
CVE-2014-0195

ant888

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway delaying still is a bummer!!!1!!1!11!
Who knows what would happen if Hykem released now instead of whatever the expected time is? You really want to risk your Wii U for the exploit? If it bricked somehow, and the exploit wasn't stable for you, you wouldn't have any Wii U to use Cafiine on anymore. "Delaying is a bummer" is not really the way to go. It might save you a trip for another Wii U. Just my two cents on this.

Reactions: Angely

BoxNinPlay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#Pray4Hykem
Hello there Hykem, listening kid, not because others have found something similar to what you have already given to us, you're going to give up, we all trusted in you since the beginning of the whole thing, we trust and believe in you work, in fact recognize you first, not them, they're second fiddle, so we need you to be the first to reveal and release the exploit, you're who meres all credits, no matter that they already have a more complete job or whatever, what matters is that you are the hereo for all us, and not bacuase of 3 or 4 supervillains throw you a stone you're going to be taking a landau, takes your strength, raise your head up and be the first to release the exploit, if you're still not ready we will understand, but if not, take up your sword from the Legend of Zelda and defeat Ganondorf and his 3 henchmen ... !!!, our great hope is in you do not abandon us. these are the desires of your followers and especially some of your fan that follows you from Dominican Republic, Central Caribbean

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#Pray4Hykem
Hello there Hykem, listening kid, not because others have found something similar to what you have already given to us, you're going to give up, we all trusted in you since the beginning of the whole thing, we trust and believe in you work, in fact recognize you first, not them, they're second fiddle, so we need you to be the first to reveal and release the exploit, you're who meres all credits, no matter that they already have a more complete job or whatever, what matters is that you are the hereo for all us, and not bacuase of 3 or 4 supervillains throw you a stone you're going to be taking a landau, takes your strength, raise your head up and be the first to release the exploit, if you're still not ready we will understand, but if not, take up your sword from the Legend of Zelda and defeat Ganondorf and his 3 henchmen ... !!!, our great hope is in you do not abandon us. these are the desires of your followers and especially some of your fan that follows you from Dominican Republic, Central Caribbean
wtf

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
#Pray4Hykem
Please read this: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wii-u-hacking-homebrew-discussion.367489/page-727#post-5913958

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You gotta respect the fact there are many guys who signup on GBATemp and post for first time just to leave a message for Hykem :D

#Pray4Hykem

So many people are counting on your words Hykem XD

And yeh by the way, @BoxNinPlay if you've messed his post, he already cleared things up and he's back to the game, so don't worry ;)

Edit : Someon else responded quicker ^^.

Angely

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lol this thread us still running :3. I wonder when we'll reach 1k pages xD. This thread's quite amusing. It's totally a hate/love , demanding & dramatic thread. I all wonder if everyone would end up brainwashed at the end all worshipping the devs...../ a war about which dev is the bes/worst.../How much we dislike/like a dev.... or at the end if it isn't closed that moment when February & my bd's there. Cheers & tears of happiness, because someone finally released something big or maybe tears of disapointment, since it wasn't what we thought we'd get... sigh yeah, I can see this all happen....

Why don't we start worshipping our console, the way it is now & be glad you even got it in the 1st place and that's it's still alive! I don't see people posting anything about how awesome/ great their system is without the exploit they're waiting for....Outch I'm starting to feel sorry for the wiiU, so little love for them xD.

Reactions: I pwned U!

narutonic

Trophies
XP
Country
France
People are currently bricking their 3DSes with the new downgrade homebrew or whatever it is due to it not being stable. This is why we need to be patient with the Wii U exploits. We need to wait for all the bugs and glitches to be fixed. If it gets released now, people will brick their Wii Us and then complain. That is what they will get for wanting something now before its ready for the average user. People don't understand that programming the last 1% (fixing bugs/glitches/errors/whatever) of the code can take a long time.
:rofl2:
Brick is everywhere. Even if you can make a more stable homebrew it's still present and the number of people who success to downgrade their 3DS/2DS is higher enough
And there are two type of brick , semi which can recover with an update and full with hardmode (+raspberry if you have not nand backup)

TheNerdWIzard

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rofl2:
Brick is everywhere. Even if you can make a more stable homebrew it's still present and the number of people who success to downgrade their 3DS/2DS is higher enough
And there are two type of brick , semi which can recover with an update and full with hardmode (+raspberry if you have not nand backup)
I understand that, I'm just telling people to be patient so there will be less of a chance of bricking your console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?