Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

c80n

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
dont start that crap :gun::ha:
But it would actually be interesting to know if this exploit requires downloadable content from eShop and if it's paid.
I assume not, but it would be nice to have a confirmation regardless, if Hykem hasn't mentioned it yet.

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
But it would actually be interesting to know if this exploit requires downloadable content from eShop and if it's paid.
I assume not, but it would be nice to have a confirmation regardless, if Hykem hasn't mentioned it yet.
Come on guys... he said it works from version 2 up to the latest, what kind of eshop content you can download on version 2 ? and also hykem is on version 3 afaik....
No I'm almost sure it doesn't require anything like that.

TheZander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, let's get this straight,
first of all, calm down with the shouting, it's making my ears ring and diminishing any point you try to make.

Ok, shouting I get. You can portray shouting with all capital letters. But making your ears ring? Come on, that's a little excessive. Unless you have some tick where to have to interpret and verbalize out loud everything you read ( Which I doubt is a thing) then saying your ears ring is just weird.

Don Jon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOSU
ALL FIRMWARES
RELEASE SOON(tm)
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
L090lvT.gif

Last edited by Don Jon,

oPolo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it uses something from the eShop, then whatever it uses from the eShop, would more than likely be able to only provide a userspace exploit.

I.e. users on 5.3.2 should not be afraid, as we already have a userspace exploit. Also, the other users should not be afraid either. I really doubt they would start looking for userspace exploits in games/applications, when we have the webbrowser.

Last edited by oPolo,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Swinky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it uses something from the eShop, then whatever it uses from the eShop, would more than likely be able to only provide a userspace exploit.

I.e. users on 5.3.2 should not be afraid, as we already have a userspace exploit. Also, the other users should not be afraid either. I really doubt they would start looking for userspace exploits in games/applications, when we have the webbrowser.

Hykem wouldn't claim his work as an IOSU exploit if that's the case.

I doubt it uses anything from the eShop.

Sivelki De Ante

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
:D Hykem you are my hero. I really wish you can come up with some method of blocking updates (because I want to use youtube). What a great moment to be alive.

henn64

I don't know what I'm doing with my life.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What version is your Wii U on atm btw Vins, im on 5.5, hoping i dont gotta wait till december lol
Keep waiting and don't bet on it 100% I guess. A Christmas release would be cool, but the release terms are out there.
I guess we can cross our fingers for an exception though ;)

Last edited by henn64,

3DSfan2671

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If you guys want to give Hykem more time for development, how about donating towards him for a coffee or something.

People donate to Twitch users all the time (Lucky bastards) Just to play video games

I'm always amazed when I see these type of replies. All the praise for someone who hasn't given a single shred of evidence or proof to back up his statements, yet you're all ready to believe him without question and even willing to give him money.

The sensible course of action here would be to remain cautiously optimistic and wait to see the results.

Reactions: Quantumcat

Chuardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I just sent him a PM to ask for a way to donate something.
If he answers I will inform you.
I think there would be a lot of pressure if you're paying him right now just to get it on Christmas, he's in a battle against time and this I think could make him feel like he needs to do it fast for Christmas.

I mean, idk, I feel like that could be bad for him, he could be very stressed, he also deserves to be with his family and friends on the Holidays like everyone else.

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I think there would be a lot of pressure if you're paying him right now just to get it on Christmas, he's in a battle against time and this I think could make him feel like he needs to do it fast for Christmas.

I mean, idk, I feel like that could be bad for him, he could be very stressed, he also deserves to be with his family and friends on the Holidays like everyone else.
I just want to express my appreciation and hope he doesn't get it wrong.
I would donate something to naehrwert too, but I don't know if he's active at gbatemp and I don't want to ask things like that via twitter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hoi