Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
the thing is they got there pointless hype train by trolling as we saw the forum flood for a few days tho. so i guess they musta had a laugh out of it lol

Seroczynski

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Read through the last 10 pages, couldn't find an answer to my question. Most likely answered before but hope someone is willing to answer is again.

What firmware should my Wii U be on if I want to try "this" out once it hits?

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm already on 5.3.2 E so guess my chances are slim :lol: But thanks for the answer.

NWPlayer123 has said that porting the exploit post-release will be trivial (actually I think he used that exact word lol), the reason it's not supported right now is just to put SOMETHING out as soon as possible

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NWPlayer123 has said that porting the exploit post-release will be trivial (actually I think he used that exact word lol), the reason it's not supported right now is just to put SOMETHING out as soon as possible

*grumbles something about the Webkit bug being hard to debug but easy enough to exploit once it works*

Irreversal616

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, I found a Wii U Game that always freezes after a certain action - at least on the console we tried it on, it was 100% reproduceable. I thought that could be of interest for you. If this is the case, write me a PM than I will explain to you as good as possible what me and my friends did.

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, I found a Wii U Game that always freezes after a certain action - at least on the console we tried it on, it was 100% reproduceable. I thought that could be of interest for you. If this is the case, write me a PM than I will explain to you as good as possible what me and my friends did.

Most likely not useful/useable since there's no way to control data.

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Irreversal616

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most likely not useful/useable since there's no way to control data.

My hypothesis is that it was caused while starting a already created savegame after updating Hyrule Warrios from the 1.0 Version to 1.6. After opening a treasure I assume that the game tries to save and than the console crashes and is only making a beep noise, the blue light is still on, the screen is black.

Reactions: Margen67

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
My hypothesis is that it was caused while starting a already created savegame after updating Hyrule Warrios from the 1.0 Version to 1.6. After opening a treasure I assume that the game tries to save and than the console crashes and is only making a beep noise, the blue light is still on, the screen is black.

I love this post, because it's literally "Oh you said my crash likely isn't useful? Let me tell you exactly what happened and how it was caused anyway."

TeamScriptKiddies

Licensed Nintendo (indie) Game Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love this post, because it's literally "Oh you said my crash likely isn't useful? Let me tell you exactly what happened and how it was caused anyway."
Hes trying to be helpful, cut him some slack for crying out loud....

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh I did, I just pointed out what his post boiled down to, I didn't directly insult him. One thing I want to say though-the last time slack was cut for things like this, we had a huge shitstorm, do you remember?

If you're talking about Kelton2, have you noticed how he never posts in this section anymore? Let's not make a user afraid to post in a section of the forum, how 'bout. First and last post I will make on the matter, let's leave it alone while we still can

VV Edit for the sake of not inflating the thread: It's not off-topic posts I dislike, it's HATEFUL off-topic posts that get me VV

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
If you're talking about Kelton2, have you noticed how he never posts in this section anymore? Let's not make a user afraid to post in a section of the forum, how 'bout. First and last post I will make on the matter, let's leave it alone while we still can

I HAVE noticed, good point. Maybe it's because-aside from crashes-he had nothing else to contribute? All we can do right now is wait in this thread(for Hykem's Wii U to come), or we'll just have off topic posts. And I know how much you hate those.

jammybudga777

Trophies
XP
Country
Hes trying to be helpful, cut him some slack for crying out loud....

I can only guess who's critisizeing. The ignore button works wonders on gba :lol:

Well I may as well update you all. The first bug was a dud, we're currently looking into another one. Exception Handlers with Stack Traces are very useful.
Thats a shame. But as we know there is bound to be many more holes. Thanks for the update

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock