Hacking Wii U Hacking & Homebrew Discussion

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try and build the NUSD for Wii U VS2013 throws me "The "SignFile" task was not given a value for the required parameter "CertificateThumbprint"." Any ideas?

What I had to do to fix that is
Right click the NUS Downloader project and go to "Properties"
Go to Signing
Make sure Sign the ClickOnce manifests is checked
generate test certificate

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Like the original NUS downloader didn't have the Wii's common key? Not sure why everyone is getting worked up over a string of characters.

That would be like leaking the US Nuclear Launch codes then saying "Not sure why everyone's upset, it's just a string of characters".

aceoyame

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be like leaking the US Nuclear Launch codes then saying "Not sure why everyone's upset, it's just a string of characters".

Not exactly as that is with mal-intent to do serious harm with a destructive weapon. As far as I am aware an arrangement of characters like that can't be copyrighted. Otherwise that would be like saying someone could copyright their password or hashes to files etc.

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Not exactly as that is with mal-intent to do serious harm with a destructive weapon. As far as I am aware an arrangement of characters like that can't be copyrighted. Otherwise that would be like saying someone could copyright their password or hashes to files etc.

Not necessarily. Sure, it's the most likely reason, but maybe I leaked the key to save my sister from terrorists or some other reason. I digress. Also, you're right, the key to decrypting copyright material for potential malicious intent (piracy, etc) doesn't have malicious potential at all.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

NWPlayer123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, people have mentioned multiple times that we have a kernel exploit. We just need to figure out how to install the HBC, and(optional) get some backup stuff going.

You don't even need to install anything, you can just abstract it and make a homebrew launcher like what's on 3DS with Cubic Ninja, load the browser, open a url, load what application you want and the code chainloads it.

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I said that to protect myself against a white knight, who lurks in these forums, striking out at those who dare to promote piracy.

Were you talking about me? ;)

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

FPSRussi4

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
You don't even need to install anything, you can just abstract it and make a homebrew launcher like what's on 3DS with Cubic Ninja, load the browser, open a url, load what application you want and the code chainloads it.

Oh right, I forgot that was an option. Well, I stand corrected.
Dont be afraid to promote the dark side brother.
Yeah I want piracy. I'll admit it. Not badly, but I want it. I'm not paying 70$ for MHU.

Sure but without a current browser exploit it won't be any useful for now or is that also kept secret?
From what I hear, we have one. I don't know anything though, I wish I did.

Were you talking about me? ;)
no, the other self-proclaimed hero who feels the need to defend companies by decrying piracy.

Reactions: VinsCool and c4p0

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada

So that means it loads straights from a browser crash, right? supposing there is one which could be usable on 5.1.0+.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: wth