wii u hack help

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by lizm hagon, Sep 29, 2015.

1. lizm hagon
    OP

lizm hagon Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    hi guys. i am after a bit of info and guidance before i even start to try and hack wii u.
    i have recently brought wii u with mario kart 8. software version 5.2.0 E
    upon doing a lot of research and finding doing the wrong thing could mess things up very quickly i am asking for a bit of help from you guys. i have a bit of knowledge on doing the ps3 and the old wii hacking but never done the wii u hack. i am looking to play the older wii games and wii u games via a usb hdd.
    wonder if this is atal possible with the wii u an the software version i have. obviously i will look into the best backup option before i touch anything.. what info i am after is if the above is possible and the best and safest option to be doing to get the homebrew channel and running the iso's. any help or up to date links would be very appreciated. there is a lot of info on the net regarding this some very accurate and some not so accurate. just want some input from experienced people on here if possible.

Thanks in advance guys.

2. gunner007

gunner007 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
  3. lizm hagon
    OP

lizm hagon Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 29, 2015
    so no wii u backups only the old wii games can be played yes?
    what does the higher compatability for nand emultion mean on the link above.
    i am also reading that the wii u and wii os's are on diferent partitions is this correct
    if so if i mod the wii partition and update the wii u partition will the wii mod remain untouched.
    sorry for the stupid questions. never had a wii u before lol. been many years since iv used nintendo consoles.

4. Rubaz

Rubaz Member

Newcomer
    Sep 20, 2015
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    So check out the stickys. You should see the presentation from failoverflow team (Idk, correct me if Iam wrong)

5. EmceeKerser

EmceeKerser GBAtemp Maniac

Jun 3, 2014
    The fuckin' Blue Mountains brah
    Stickies.

6. Dr.Hacknik

Dr.Hacknik Maniac | Dev | Furry Lewd Cat Gril

Mar 26, 2014
    United States
    my lewd corner
    We can Dump Wii U Games, but there's no way to Play them or load em'.