Hardware Wii U Gamepad wire from Treehouse?

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, watching the various demonstrations that the Treehouse have streamed over the years at various events, I realized that they have a wire on their GamePad that connects it to the console. This is used any time the Wii U is somewhere with the possibility of interference. My GamePad has had a reoccurring problem of losing connection, where I have to send the console and GamePad in to get them fixed, and then they work fine for a few months until the problem returns. I've done this twice already, and I'll have to do it a third time soon, when it becomes a bit more unbearable (gotta keep it for now to play BotW), but I was wondering if anyone has been able to find a way to get that wire that they always use at cons and demos? I don't expect to be able to find it, but any help is appreciated.

D

Deleted User

The wire is there because they have slightly modified devkit that plays games. [Same goes with Kiosk consoles, Cat-R (I think)]

timestopMachinist

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The wire is there because they have slightly modified devkit that plays games. [Same goes with Kiosk consoles, Cat-R (I think)]
Oh, that makes sense. Really sucks that there's no wire to connect the GamePad to the console instead of the wireless connection though. It didn't even cross my mind that they were using devkits.

Reactions: Deleted User

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well: replace the antenna in the console and the tablet with a coaxial connector, make an appropriate coaxial cable of the length you want, add a resistor in series to compensate for the nearly-zero attenuation and avoid burning out the wireless cards (assuming they're powerful enough to damage each other, probably not) and it's done :D

Reactions: jsa

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you sure the cord is sending a signal between the system and pad? It could just be a security thing so no one can walk off with the pad. (or both)

D

Deleted User

Are you sure the cord is sending a signal between the system and pad? It could just be a security thing so no one can walk off with the pad. (or both)
Nope. It's a direct signal wire. Devkits have that also, so i know what it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...