OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone know what this is about?
Post automatically merged:

Ok, I did the update and it seems normal. Only one thing that happened is that the update folder was re-added. I had deleted it with udfiine.

Attachments

• 16676154816644476585072004642787.jpg
    16676154816644476585072004642787.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 76
Last edited by Aryamanee,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what this is about?
Post automatically merged:

Ok, I did the update and it seems normal. Only one thing that happened is that the update folder was re-added. I had deleted it with udfiine.
did you have different gamepad to pair to Wii U? i never seen that

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having this issue since I installed aroma, I update the gamepad but after a while it asks to update again, I had completely forgotten that I had deleted the update folder, I'll try restoring it and updating again to see if that fixes it.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
This is a known issue with the region-free GamePad plugin (found at wiiu/environments/aroma/plugins/drc_region_free.wps) on your Wii U SD card, which is included as part of the base Aroma. This plugin allows you to pair GamePads from outside of your region, since they are otherwise region-locked. However, it causes this issue if the Wii U is powered on while the GamePad is not connected.

Even if you do need this feature, you only need it for the actual pairing, once that is completed you no longer need to run the plugin; paired out-of-region GamePads will remain paired.

If you don't need this feature (any more), you can remove or disable that plugin to avoid the issue. You can do this by either deleting the drc_region_free.wps file, or renaming it to no longer be picked up by the plugin loader. Here's some examples of filenames that will not be loaded as plugins:
  • .drc_region_free.wps (period at start)
  • _drc_region_free.wps (underscore at start)
  • drc_region_free.wps.off (file extension is not .wps)

Reactions: jeannotte and ber71

Aryamanee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is a known issue with the region-free GamePad plugin (found at wiiu/environments/aroma/plugins/drc_region_free.wps) on your Wii U SD card, which is included as part of the base Aroma. This plugin allows you to pair GamePads from outside of your region, since they are otherwise region-locked. However, it causes this issue if the Wii U is powered on while the GamePad is not connected.

Even if you do need this feature, you only need it for the actual pairing, once that is completed you no longer need to run the plugin; paired out-of-region GamePads will remain paired.

If you don't need this feature (any more), you can remove or disable that plugin to avoid the issue. You can do this by either deleting the drc_region_free.wps file, or renaming it to no longer be picked up by the plugin loader. Here's some examples of filenames that will not be loaded as plugins:
  • .drc_region_free.wps (period at start)
  • _drc_region_free.wps (underscore at start)
  • drc_region_free.wps.off (file extension is not .wps)
interesting, thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: Chuck your brain out the window, it's useless, use your head instead