Hardware Wii U Gamepad stick issue

wolf-snake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well as the tittle said i ran into an issue with the left stick of my gamepad. The stick itself its pretty much fine, its not loose at all nor does it feel weird, but the issue shows itself in game,and in the main menu. pretty much it seems like every time i try to push the stick up so the cursor on the wii U main menu will go up like one square, and left like 3 squares. And in games like Smash or Hyrule warriors everytime i want to go rigth it try to force me to go left. In Smash dashing right will result on the character turning left for a couple of frames and then go right. On hyrule warriors walking forward will result on the character zic-zaging around left and forward, and trying to go right is kind of dificult. My Wii U model is a launch Delux model and i try to keep it clean and dust free. So if anyone had experience something similar, or know any solution i'm all ears. I do have a Wiimote + Nunchuck and a Classic Controller pro so i can confirm that the issue only is present on the gamepad and can use my other controllers just fine.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
With everything turned off, try rotating the left stick 360 degrees a few times. Then start the Wii U, resync the Wii U GamePad and again rotate the left stick 360 degrees. If the issue still persists, you may have a damaged Wii U GamePad needing repair.

P.S. This is one to note for all who treat the Wii U GamePad like religion: your console is pretty much useless when that glorious tablet fails and we all know replacement/repair is expensive. Just one reason I wish Nintendo would make the Wii U GamePad optional because controllers wear down, that's a fact of life.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If resynching doesn't do the trick unfortunately that GamePad's faulty and if you don't want to pay $100-150 for it your best bet is to set for the Wii U Pro Controller which is even better but sadly Nintendo keeps on giving it the middle finger.

Here's a list of all Wii U games that are compatible with it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Wii_U_games_that_use_the_Wii_U_Pro_Controller

It's safe to say you can play most Wii U exclusives minus a couple ones that are GamePad-controller exclusive like Captain Toad (WUPC would've worked perfectly), Sonic Lost World (it's mostly a traditional platformer which would've worked with WUPC), Kirby and the Rainbow Curse (could've been compatible with the Wiimote), Lego City Undercover (if they had more time it'd definitely supported the WUPC), Splatoon (*facepalm* no WUPC support) and others. Seriously Nintendo stop doing this bullshit!

Reactions: shinkodachi

wolf-snake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Fixed it. What i did was pretty much try everything until it work. It was kind of funny i ended up with my stick always going right this time and then i just recalibrate the sticks and bam! working perfectly. Thanks for all the feedback.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Fixed it. What i did was pretty much try everything until it work. It was kind of funny i ended up with my stick always going right this time and then i just recalibrate the sticks and bam! working perfectly. Thanks for all the feedback.
Can you please post detailed instructions? Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."