Wii U Gamepad somewhat broken... help appreciated!

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by xdeadxpoolx, Dec 7, 2015.

1. xdeadxpoolx
    OP

xdeadxpoolx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2008
    United States
    Heres the story. The gamepad was used heavily by 4 children... who knows what exactly happened to it.

Controller turns on, turns on console. The blue light comes on then quickly fades. The gamepad stays on for about 10 seconds - 2 min then goes blank. I can still use the screen as if it were on ( touchpad works, all buttons work) I can navigate (blindly) to options to turn off the gamepad then back on, and it works for another few seconds.

Any Ideas from anyone? Id love for it to be a screen/battery replacement... not a big deal just dont want to drop the money and time if it is not.

Thanks!

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    does the gamepad stay on while connected to gamepad ac adapter?

3. xdeadxpoolx
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2008
    United States
    I mean, *technically* its on... I can use the screen as if it were all working fine... i just get no picture on the gamepad after a few seconds of using it. Yes, its "on" but the screen is blank.

4. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    replacement LCD is cheap ($40) and if you have disassembled a console or controller before you can likely do the repair yourself.

a replacement gamepad will be around $100

5. azoreseuropa

azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Nov 6, 2002
    Portugal
    Proud to be Portuguese but I am in USA.

Sorry to hear that but you need to keep your eyes on your kids playing it if you have time because this console is not a toy and its expensive.

6. xdeadxpoolx
    OP

Newcomer
    Apr 27, 2008
    United States
    thanks for the heads up azores, I actually have 1 child. I got into a relationship with a female that had 3... all little terrors...

@Wario, I would feel completely comfortable repairing it myself. Ive chipped cut leg Wii, replaced iphone screens, jtaged 360s, among other stuff. I just wanted someone else to tell me that it could just be the screen its self. The only reason why I question it myself is because of the blue light.... Comes on with the controller, then fades.