Hardware Wii U Gamepad Input Problems in Wii Mode

shadowprince116

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm getting this weird issue with the Wii U gamepad when I'm in Wii Mode.

So I've tried this in two games now (launched through the Wii U menu) but you know how when a game supports the classic controller we have the option to use the gamepad? Well for whatever reason when I use the gamepad's analogue stick I get a reverse input.

The first game I tried was Xenoblade Chronicles and I was noticing when I move the analogue stick all the way up my character would turn around and walk backwards. I can tilt the stick up a bit and it's fine but when it tilts all the way it just inputs downwards. I also tried this in Brawl and sure enough I would crouch.

I tried to use a traditional Wiimote+Classic Controller and it was fine, I also know it's not the gamepad itself because it plays everything else fine from regular Wii U games to Gamecube forwarders.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Cheers

shadowprince116

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try to press home and go back to the game
Once happened for me but it was temporary for once launch
Try it idk
Nope, no good. This actually carries over into the Home Menu too. Tried going Wii Remote setting and disconnecting the gamepad and everything. I can't seem to find a thing about this online either.

Ponyboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having the same issue here with the gamepad. It gets really annoying when I try to play some Melee.

jr299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
has anyone found a fix for this? I've been experiencing this too.

On Wii VC injects my right stick gives me opposite inputs if I press UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT all the way

It works fine in NIntendont and actual Wii U games, so idek what's going on here

Last edited by jr299,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
has anyone found a fix for this? I've been experiencing this too.

On Wii VC injects my right stick gives me opposite inputs if I press UP, DOWN, LEFT, or RIGHT all the way

It works fine in NIntendont and actual Wii U games, so idek what's going on here

I had this problem in the past, but it only happened when using replacement sticks, the only solution I found was to use the original one that came with the gamepad, I couldn't find any other information on this.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are two sync methods than be done in this instance.....

1. Press home button in game then simply press home button again to return to game.

2. Press home button
  • Hold power button to turn off gamepad only
  • Wait a few seconds then press power button to turn gamepad back on
  • Press any button (a, b, x, y ect) on gamepad to resync
  • If successful, the hand/finger pointer will appear on screen which can be controlled with left stick, now emulating the classic controller
  • Press home to return to game.
  • Profit!

jr299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh that might actually be the problem. I replaced the sticks recently, but I didn't originally think could be the problem considering how well they work for everything else. I'll order another pair of OEM stick boxes and see if those work instead

jr299

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MarioSilva's solution totally works!

Ordered replacement OEM sticks from a UK ebay seller.
Swapped the cheap Chinese replacement sticks out that I'd been using and the OEM ones work like a charm.

No more opposite inputs at the cardinal directions anymore

Ami_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Having this problem too. Only in Wii injects, the gamepad stick goes right when I hold it left.

Edit: fixed by cleaning (blowing into) the stick, but I thought the software is supposed to compensate for that.

Last edited by Ami_,

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
it is clearly a problem with the way GamePad emulation in Xenoblade Chornicles handles minimal and maximum ranges, my only theory is that for some reason they forgot to clamp the values and it ends up overflowing, that would explain why it go to the opposite direction.

The only way I managed to effectively fix this was by manually tweaking the internal components of the analog sticks (the trimmer potentiometer sensors to be more specific), but if not done right it can have negative effects on Wii U games.

It would be nice if someone made a patch for this via software, because I don't think that's a problem with the analog sticks, as no analog stick is perfect, just a software oversithing.

Aristash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Lately this has been happening to me when I move the left stick up it detects it erroneously as it goes down, only in Wii injected games, but in homebrew app or nintendont there is no change and it continues normal, I don't understand why this happens

NinStar

Ny'hrarr ♂
Trophies
Website
ninstar.carrd.co
XP
Country
Brazil
Lately this has been happening to me when I move the left stick up it detects it erroneously as it goes down, only in Wii injected games, but in homebrew app or nintendont there is no change and it continues normal, I don't understand why this happens
Probably for the reason I mentioned above, I couldn't find anything that indicated otherwise.

Aristash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
597 / 5.000
Information update, apparently it is a software problem, I went to repair the console with a technician, which solved the drift of the right analog camera, I also asked that the left analog be replaced, and the strangest thing is that in The Wii U games work normally, but in the vWii games it still has the same problem which leaves me with two conclusions: what layers is the Wii U gamepad already obsolete or a bad system or game injection that causes this to happen? Because this started happening to me after transferring my games from the internal memory to an HDD hard drive.
Post automatically merged:

If your wii u gamepad works excellently in wii u games, make the most of it in those games, and stop playing vwii games, it is somewhat tedious, but it is better to have a classic controller instead of continuing to force the wii u gamepad

Last edited by Aristash,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE