Wii U Gamepad fixing question.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So i brought a gamepad a while back which had digitizer and lcd problem. ive found videos on how to tear it down which are pretty meh... but putting it together is a problem. first i thought it was the lcd the problem i teared it down, then realised it the digitizer too when i had put it together to test it. then i realised on top that i should have taken notes or pics or even videos as i teared it down.

Is they a good tear down tutorial or video of the Wii U gamepad and on how to put it all together which you would recommend?

i brought this gamepad as a fun project to do. kill some time.

:angry:

""cheap wii u gamepad off ebay with a lcd. not only ill save money but ill do some cool weekend project""

:angry:

nope.

• Wow
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The LCD and touch panel are the last components to reach when disassembling. Worst case.
I've not done this (and hopefully won't ever have to), but from the experience with the 3DS I can tell you two things:

• Love
Reactions: Flame

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
The LCD and touch panel are the last components to reach when disassembling. Worst case.
I've not done this (and hopefully won't ever have to), but from the experience with the 3DS I can tell you two things:

can confirm Inserting cables in ZIF connectors is %%^§"%§*&%%^"(!*^"~%

also theys like some parts which i have no idea where they go. by which i mean like smalls boards which i think is for wireless and amiibo. where do they sit in the gamepad.

they rattle inside.

edit:

seriously Inserting the digitizer connector is near impossible.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember the video but I used to one to swap my screen a few years ago after my daughter cracked it. Paid about 10 pounds for the whole shebang!

All I can say is its a bit fiddly but absolutely easy and the its still the same one I use today. I'll see if i can find the video i used... Must be in my history somewhere!
Post automatically merged:

Actually..... Wasn't that hard lol

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Wii+U+GamePad+LCD+Display+Replacement/57152

@Flame
Post automatically merged:

I also always find it best to put your removed parts in an order that you can put them back in that order ie lay them out left to right as you remove then work right to left as you put them back. That way you know exactly what your working with next if you didn't take pics!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,
  • Love
Reactions: Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place