Wii U Game files load from host?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Kresma, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Kresma
    OP

Kresma Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    Okay so hear me out, I'm not very sure how fast the Wii U can receive from a computer or other device, as I've never tested it out, but my wondering is that maybe we could keep our Wii U game files on a device "similar to how PS2 games were stored and sent to be loaded" with much bigger storage such as a personal server, Desktop or Laptop (for more portability). Since you obviously load homebrew from a personal server, maybe there is a way you can load games as such? Maybe an adaption of Loadiine that can display the games you have stored, and when you press which game you want, it will "stream" the game. Good idea? Yes. Possible? Maybe. I'll let you guys decide.

2. lembi2001

lembi2001 GBAtemp Regular

Dec 29, 2015
    Not going to be possible as it stands currently. The only reason Loadiine works the way is it does is because Mii Maker has access to the SD Card. This is why you have to store your games on the SD Card. The exploits are access from a web server (self hosted or online) through the Web browser and that is the only time we can access anything that is hosted "remotely" until we get IOSU access (as far as I am aware).

3. Kresma
    OP

Kresma Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 7, 2016
    United States
    I understand how Loadiine and the Homebrew loader work, thank you for taking time to explain though, but if Mii Maker has access to the SD card slot and we can use it, it would be safe to assume that it has access to the same resources that the Homebrew loader has that makes it load right? So how could we not be able to use them together?

4. Cyan

Cyan GBATemp's lurking knight

Global Moderator
    Oct 27, 2002
    France
    Engine room, learning
    the FIRST official version of loadiine was a Proof of concept by replacing game files with other ones located on a network !
    But only one game worked : NES remix.
    other games are too big to transfer over the network (the WiiU network speed is limited), it's not fast enough to load games in real time from wifi/ethernet.

edit:
    Cafiine is using network too, to replace files.
    see if games are working fine by loading files "on the fly" without pre-loading and buffering them at launch. (I don't know how cafiine works, but loadiine is based on cafiine).
    CafiineSD was released because network is not good/fast enough.

Coc4tm likes this.