Wii U Disc Game Updates

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Skeet1983, Dec 14, 2016.

1. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I have noticed that some of my games say there are updates available. Is it worth it to update them? If yes, how do I go about doing it? I read on another thread to use JNUS and WUP Installer (I have Nintendo Update Server blocked). Is JNUS still a viable option, or is there something better to use? Thoughts on all this appreciated :)

2. Jay Griggs

Jay Griggs Member

Newcomer
    Jan 4, 2016
    United States
    Depends on the game. Some updates are just bug fixes while some add content, like Hyrule Warriors adds a ton of content. I use WiiU USB Helper, just pick your region, game and transfer it to your SD Card and install with WUP installer

3. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    Ok, thanks!!
    Do you have a link to WiiU USB Helper? Also, where do I put update files on SD card?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Skeet1983, Dec 14, 2016
  4. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Look... if you're not on 5.5.1, you WANT to be. That is where all the goodness is, and that's STILL the latest firmware. Unblock your WiiU for a couple of hours and simply let it update all of your games the normal way.

5. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    I am on 5.5.1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Skeet1983
    OP

Skeet1983 GBAtemp Addict

Apr 22, 2012
    United States
    Somewhere, out there...
    When I set DNS to Auto-Obtain, that will unblock my Wii U from what I understand. When I re-apply DNS to not auto-obtain, will the DNS Primary and Secondary strings still be what I set previously? Thoughts and help appreciated :)

7. urherenow

urherenow GBAtemp Addict

Mar 8, 2009
    United States
    Japan
    Don't recall, but simply write them down and you don't have to worry about it. Anyway, unblocking for a while will update all of your games to the latest.