Hardware Wii U Deluxe Bundle

Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzod

Not a New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
I've read your comments, how about shut your face kid.
No you didn't. If you had, you wouldn't feel the need to point out something that I obviously already said, as if I didn't already agree. You're the one who told us to stop bitching, so why don't you kindly stop being a hypocrite? Thank you for your cooperation. :)

At any rate, what's needed to be said has been said before you got here. So goodbye.
Well then thank you for your irrelevant opinion.

matt1tude

Trophies
XP
Country
Lmao, the person stating it's smart business to sell on a console for X amount of money to pay off a credit card. If you used this so-called smart business sense you wouldn't be in debt with your credit card in the 1st place.

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
1 console per customer ... per retailer. (They can't keep you from preordering one from every site that has preorders available.)
Exactly. I know a guy that has like 8 WiiUs preordered in different stores. Each one with the minimum deposit and is selling them at $200 each. And he has sold like 5 already.

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't really give to much on preorders, since I just want one WiiU for myself and I have no intention of reselling any online or something.

And for me the most fun when a system launches is a day or two before launch I try to hunt down shops who would sell the system to me earlier. So I drive around and call some shop and in all those launches I managed to snach one console up at least a day earlier and it is such a great feeling when you didn't know that you'll get one but youeven got it earlier. Love that!

If they want me to preorder I need a bonus, otherwise I won't :D

But people preordering more en they need is seriously messed up...

Reactions: 1 person

MakiManPR

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Who will be getting it at Walmart on launch day? How many WiiUs you guys think they will have per store?
I couldnt preordered on time so my last chance to get on lauch day is to camp outside of Walmart. Any other store doing this in US(PR)?

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1 console per customer ... per retailer. (They can't keep you from preordering one from every site that has preorders available.)
Exactly. I know a guy that has like 8 WiiUs preordered in different stores. Each one with the minimum deposit and is selling them at $200 each. And he has sold like 5 already.

I hope your friend isn't scamming people by making them think they are buying a fully paid off preorder for $200. Anyway, scalpers may have a rough time with the WiiU, Reggie says they can manufacture 1.5 mil a month and the supply chain is good.:
http://wiiudaily.com...u-supply-chain/

Also. looking on ebay, I see lots of auctions for 0 bids. I think a good portion of the preorders were bought by scalpers and it may now bite them in the ass.

Reactions: 2 people

Moose13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think it can bite them in the ass. It really is a no risk investment. If the unit is unopened, you can always return it to the store at full price, if it doesn't sell for a profit. They only thing they would lose is the time it took to buy/return. Yeah, time is $, but still very little risk in this.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ill gotten gains? Since when is acquiring something other people value morally wrong? Ethics? You people have been listening to oblammo way too much. There's nothing wrong with having money or making money. Attitudes like yours will be what ends up making everybody poor. Stop whining that the market prices the WiiU higher at launch than what Nintendo asks for it. I'm getting a deal, and there will be someone out there who's willing to pay the asking price. If this wasn't so, then there'd be no point in reselling. No one is getting coerced. No laws are being broken, and no morals are either. If I was buying food and reselling it at a premium, you might have a point. But the WiiU is a luxury, and there is nothing wrong with making money off a luxury,

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attitudes like yours will be what ends up making everybody poor.
>Buys an electronic so that someone else can't buy it without paying him a much higher fee, and hence becoming much poorer

>Accuses people who thinks that's wrong of making everybody poor

Its called a "luxury" for a reason. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Just don't whine and cry when the market prices the luxury out of your price range. Everybody gets what they want. Nintendo gets paid, the retailer gets paid, I get paid, and the guy willing to pay out the wazoo for the latest gadget gets what he wants. Everybody's happy, except for you, who will still cry and whine that I'm breaking some unwritten moral code about being fair. Guess what? Life's not fair. its not fair that there's going to be at most 5 million WiiUs by Christmas. Regardless of if I bought an extra or not, there'd be people who wouldn't get one. Not fair. Not fair.

Scarcity breeds value. I hold an item that is scarce (in the short run). It would be completely stupid NOT to sell it, and then rebuy the item when scarcity is no longer a problem at regular market value. If you have a problem with this, then I suggest you take some classes on economics, because THIS is what makes the world turn.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Its called a "luxury" for a reason. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Just don't whine and cry when the market prices the luxury out of your price range. Everybody gets what they want. Nintendo gets paid, the retailer gets paid, I get paid, and the guy willing to pay out the wazoo for the latest gadget gets what he wants. Everybody's happy, except for you, who will still cry and whine that I'm breaking some unwritten moral code about being fair. Guess what? Life's not fair. its not fair that there's going to be at most 5 million WiiUs by Christmas. Regardless of if I bought an extra or not, there'd be people who wouldn't get one. Not fair. Not fair.

Scarcity breeds value. I hold an item that is scarce (in the short run). It would be completely stupid NOT to sell it, and then rebuy the item when scarcity is no longer a problem at regular market value. If you have a problem with this, then I suggest you take some classes on economics, because THIS is what makes the world turn.
I guess I'll see you in hell. Or not. I honestly feel almost as sorry for you as the idiots who actually buy your overpriced product. You have such a sad view on life that shows you see no value in the things that really matter, just material wealth and looking out for number one. And you know it, which is why you try so desperately to justify it. But you're dying inside, even if you don't know it yet.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I guess I'll see you in hell. Or not. I honestly feel almost as sorry for you as the idiots who actually buy your overpriced product. You have such a sad view on life that shows you see no value in the things that really matter, just material wealth and looking out for number one. And you know it, which is why you try so desperately to justify it. But you're dying inside, even if you don't know it yet.

This has got to be the funniest damn thing you've said this entire thread. Seriously, you'd think I'm screwing an orphan out of her last scrap of bread for a dime. Let me know when you join the real world, then we might actually be able to have a conversation.

Just to remind you: you're condemning me to hell for selling a game console on ebay for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Get your priorities in order. Learn some basic economics. Stop being such a bleeding heart. Then you might actually be able to land that job that will help pay all those bills you mentioned earlier. Maybe if you looked out for "number one" instead of waiting on someone else to look out for you first, you wouldn't be in such a hard financial situation.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This has got to be the funniest damn thing you've said this entire thread. Seriously, you'd think I'm screwing an orphan out of her last scrap of bread for a dime. Let me know when you join the real world, then we might actually be able to have a conversation.

Just to remind you: you're condemning me to hell for selling a game console on ebay for whatever someone is willing to pay for it. Get your priorities in order. Learn some basic economics. Stop being such a bleeding heart. Then you might actually be able to land that job that will help pay all those bills you mentioned earlier. Maybe if you looked out for "number one" instead of waiting on someone else to look out for you first, you wouldn't be in such a hard financial situation.
I'm not condemning you to hell. I'm saying I'll see you in hell. huge difference.

And maybe I haven't done the things you suggest because I think there are things worth MUCH MORE than money and finances, has that ever occurred to you? Perhaps just not being a dick is more important to me than having things go well for me. It has nothing to do with waiting for someone else to "look out" for me or not looking out for myself AT ALL, just not doing so in a way that screws other people over.

But this is getting way too personal, so I'mma stop here. Have a decent life... if you can call yours that.

crono141

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not condemning you to hell. I'm saying I'll see you in hell. huge difference.

And maybe I haven't done the things you suggest because I think there are things worth MUCH MORE than money and finances, has that ever occurred to you? Perhaps just not being a dick is more important to me than having things go well for me. It has nothing to do with waiting for someone else to "look out" for me or not looking out for myself AT ALL, just not doing so in a way that screws other people over.

But this is getting way too personal, so I'mma stop here. Have a decent life... if you can call yours that.

If you have no income and tons of bills it means one of two things: You're either mooching off the government (screwing the taxpayer) or mooching off your parents (screwing your parents out of their retirement). So either way, you're screwing somebody out of what is theirs so you can live a decent morally neutral life. Guess what, bub. Money doesn't come from nowhere. You are far more guilty of screwing people over than I am for being industrious.

There used to be a time in this country where going out and earning your own way was a source of pride and accomplishment. Now people are vilified for making their own way. Talked about messed up morality, when the earners and the workers are hated for earning and working. That is definitely a morally corrupt point of view.

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you have no income and tons of bills it means one of two things: You're either mooching off the government (screwing the taxpayer) or mooching off your parents (screwing your parents out of their retirement). So either way, you're screwing somebody out of what is theirs so you can live a decent morally neutral life. Guess what, bub. Money doesn't come from nowhere. You are far more guilty of screwing people over than I am for being industrious.

There used to be a time in this country where going out and earning your own way was a source of pride and accomplishment. Now people are vilified for making their own way. Talked about messed up morality, when the earners and the workers are hated for earning and working. That is definitely a morally corrupt point of view.
Nice try, but I'm mooching off no one. I'm living off savings I've been making HONESTLY for the past 5 years. Like I said, this is getting way too personal, so just stop it.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll put my 2¢ in here, then close the thread, cuz I'm cowardly like dat.

People who buy multiple units of a high demand item to resell at a profit aren't, as far as I know, doing anything illegal. People who buy said non-essential luxury items at an elevated price are doing so of their own accord, and are as much to blame for creating a market as the people who are selling. You can't rape the willing. Still, the people who are profiting are dicks, but being a dick isn't illegal, and like I said, the buyers are dicks too for creating the market. Yes, even grandma.
everywhere.png

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: