Wii U dead

Bam1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
My wii u is dead. Board is getting power but no functional power button. Anyone got an idea or a schematic?

AQS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My wii u is dead. Board is getting power but no functional power button. Anyone got an idea or a schematic?

How do you know the board is getting power? ( is the red light just staying on when you press the power button?)

I would do this
1. unplug everything except the power adapter plug.. (ie.. no USB devices , no HDMI , literally unplug everything except the power)
2. press the power button? ( does anything happen? .. like does the light turn blue and then turns red quickly? or does it just permanently stay red )
3. Try to borrow a different power adapter...

I doubt it's the fan as the Wiiu can stay powered up for a few minutes without a fan spinning..

Bam1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
How do you know the board is getting power? ( is the red light just staying on when you press the power button?)

I would do this
1. unplug everything except the power adapter plug.. (ie.. no USB devices , no HDMI , literally unplug everything except the power)
2. press the power button? ( does anything happen? .. like does the light turn blue and then turns red quickly? or does it just permanently stay red )
3. Try to borrow a different power adapter...

I doubt it's the fan as the Wiiu can stay powered up for a few minutes without a fan spinning..
It has been multimeter tested and yes power is getting in. No lights at all tho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...