Hacking Wii U cbhc coldbot error code problem system memory PLEASE HELP!!

konwel2k18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hello guys i go to the electronic dreams in free time in another week and put my console wii u to servis in Czechy but not services in Polish so stupid i why here for 3 weeks to max 4 weeks to why here for my console wii u. I have question so i got brand new console wii u or new firmware software and i dont again install cbhc and haxci i don t risk again i am scare i don t now for working homebrew channel on europe version and i am scare to buy original ds game i dont now for 2x again crashing console i am scare please help to how to install safe haxchi and cbhc with out again crush console i am scare help and thanks for all comment sorry for My polish but is for me English is not easy to totally perfectly i am 17 years please help me. :(??

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You cheaped out on the DS title so now you'll pay the price of getting a new Wii U. I wonder if that was worth it. :P

Anyway, what's up with all the YouTube tutorial hate? Just because someone made one doesn't mean it's wrong/outdated/will brick. There are some legit YouTube tutorial makers out there such as myself and if you're smart you would watch multiple ones before you start to better understand it. It should be perfectly fine 90% of the time and the other times the author probably didn't provide an important step/information you need. Either way, if you don't inform yourself well enough before doing something critical it's basically your fault anyway. Outdated tutorials just don't fully apply to the newest versions anymore which doesn't make them dangerous per se since conceptually it stays the same but might work slightly differently now. However, CHBC and Haxchi never really changed so this isn't even a thing here.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You cheaped out on the DS title so now you'll pay the price of getting a new Wii U. I wonder if that was worth it. :P

Anyway, what's up with all the YouTube tutorial hate? Just because someone made one doesn't mean it's wrong/outdated/will brick. There are some legit YouTube tutorial makers out there such as myself and if you're smart you would watch multiple ones before you start to better understand it. It should be perfectly fine 90% of the time and the other times the author probably didn't provide an important step/information you need. Either way, if you don't inform yourself well enough before doing something critical it's basically your fault anyway. Outdated tutorials just don't fully apply to the newest versions anymore which doesn't make them dangerous per se since conceptually it stays the same but might work slightly differently now. However, CHBC and Haxchi never really changed so this isn't even a thing here.
I know yours are good but there's a lot of outdated ones. Its hard to keep up (trust me i know) so it's safer to tell new users to steer away from YouTube guides.

Reactions: BullyWiiPlaza

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was it worth trying to save $4.99? Now if you want another WiiU, you have to spend at least $100, and thats used. I don't know, me personally, I rather spend the $4.99, not $100+. LOL.

When modding any console, read, read, read, and read some more. If you don't understand something, do your research, if you still don't understand, ask questions on the forums.

Laziness to read is the number 1 reason why people brick their console. And thats not just WiiU, thats also for other consoles like Xbox 360.

I don't understand, people pay so much money for consoles when they come out, but they are so careless when they want to mod them. They just throw their consoles away it seems. Like money grows on trees. If I brick my console (chances are VERY LOW), I will be PISSED! But I will be pissed at my self, not any one else. But then again, when I want to mod a new console that I have never modded before, I must spend at least an entire weekend reading every thing on the net about Modding that console, before I even think about touching my console to mod it. Then at that point I pretty much know the best place to follow a "Written" guide. Then I finally choose the guide I want to follow, and I probably read the entire guide over and over again about 10 or 15 times, making sure I understand every step in the guide. Remember, this is all before I even think about touching my console to mod it.

Then when I start to mod it, I break it down in steps. I read every step over and over again, making sure I don't miss anything.

Because I know how much I paid for my console, and they are NOT cheap. Especially when you have an 8 year old child to take care of.

The point is, if you don't understand something, ask as many questions as it takes for you to understand. When it comes to learning anything, there are no stupid questions, and this is why we have a forum, for people to learn and ask questions, to spread the knowledge. GBAtemp is one of the best communities, not only because we have some of the best guides and developers, but because everyone is willing to help any one that needs it. And that is how it should be.

Good luck and happy modding!

Last edited by TheTechGenius,
Reactions: Kafluke

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hello guys i go to the electronic dreams in free time in another week and put my console wii u to servis in Czechy but not services in Polish so stupid i why here for 3 weeks to max 4 weeks to why here for my console wii u. I have question so i got brand new console wii u or new firmware software and i dont again install cbhc and haxci i don t risk again i am scare i don t now for working homebrew channel on europe version and i am scare to buy original ds game i dont now for 2x again crashing console i am scare please help to how to install safe haxchi and cbhc with out again crush console i am scare help and thanks for all comment sorry for My polish but is for me English is not easy to totally perfectly i am 17 years please help me. :(??
just buy the damn ds game, if you buy it with real money from nintendo e shop you can instal haxchi/cbhc without any issues, if you go around instaling it using methods that you dont have to pay like wup isntaller it will brick again.

Last edited by pedro702,

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you BUY a LEGIT DS VC title from the eshop, and follow a guide here on GBATemp, then you shouldn't have a problem. Remember, read read read, and read some more. If you don't understand something, ask your questions on the forum. We will be happy to help you.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hi BullyWiiPlaza, I don't hate youtube, I hate the fact that anybody regardless of there skill level can post video tutorials on youtube, and some people tell you the wrong way to do things,people are better off starting at the source for these things, like for CBHC and Haxchi, find fix94's tutorial.

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
try reading wiiu.guide before messing with cbhc next time
Why I don't recommend wii.guide:

The number one biggest reason I have steered people away from that guide is the fact that it doesn't explain what you are doing. It just gives step by steps and after you're done, as a noob you have no idea what you have. That leads to unnecessary thread creation by users asking questions that are answered every day and spelled out in the community guides we have here.

For example, the noob guide that is stickied is not my own. Many users contribute to it every day.

That guide you are talking about only recently was updated to include nand backup. And it doesn't stress the importance of it or explain what any of the backup files are for. This has led to at least 10 different threads on here during that gap of knowledge where users bricked their Wii U's because they followed that guide and didn't understand how CBHC worked. Add to that they had no nand backup so no chance of recovery.

My guide isn't perfect. But I work on it weekly to keep the flow consistent and educate people on what they are actually doing. I know it's a lot more reading than your typical step by step but if you're not willing to do a little research on what you're hacking then you are setting yourself up for failure.

Reactions: wicksand420

konwel2k18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
guys i have one question don't buy ds game from eshop and download from wii u usb helper i put wii u to services in Czechy on free time in week wii u brick ;/ but luckily the console is under warranty and i have one question If the service detects this coldbot I have to think cbhc will give me guarantees because as if coldbot did not install me to the end just because it did not buy the game through eshop help scared??

konwel2k18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And ok there is not much to piss cbhc because it did not install to the end really because i was hanged during the installation so maybe there is a chance to save it; / ??

konwel2k18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I did not send it yet to nintendo because it first gives it to the store where the console was purchased and then only the shop sent to the Czech site I have a great hope that it will repair this wii under warranty and that there is a minimum chance of that but I have learned I do not think it is better not to hack alone or do things like it is not in this professional to leave it as it is and so enjoy the original soft and piracy olac because it does not support only trouble it will cause it so much on my part we could pull the subject so much I do not know how to make money and buy original games do not say they are cheap on the wii anyway, but it is always better to put the money into the original game and silence the original than the combination of not know what for all thanks for all my happiness and less stupidity in Life is not the end of the world and all know but after all what to ask if it is so difficult nothing but my stupidity as it is in Poland says stupid human ; /

TheTechGenius

</Web Dev>
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did not send it yet to nintendo because it first gives it to the store where the console was purchased and then only the shop sent to the Czech site I have a great hope that it will repair this wii under warranty and that there is a minimum chance of that but I have learned I do not think it is better not to hack alone or do things like it is not in this professional to leave it as it is and so enjoy the original soft and piracy olac because it does not support only trouble it will cause it so much on my part we could pull the subject so much I do not know how to make money and buy original games do not say they are cheap on the wii anyway, but it is always better to put the money into the original game and silence the original than the combination of not know what for all thanks for all my happiness and less stupidity in Life is not the end of the world and all know but after all what to ask if it is so difficult nothing but my stupidity as it is in Poland says stupid human ; /
Don't send it to Nintendo. Nintendo has access to the filesystem even if you bricked the console. People have already tried it, Nintendo will just send it back to you still bricked.

Send it to a 3rd party you trust, that thinks they can fix it.

konwel2k18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
noragrets Co sądzisz na wyłączony konsoli i co dalej??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Postaram się zrobić to samo ponownie z konsolą nie mogę zainstalować żadnej ochrony przed utratą tego menu muszę myśleć, czy mogę jakoś chronić przed cbhc jeśli znowu będzie taki sam błąd, ponieważ wiem, że w jakikolwiek sposób można tylko zapytać, jak i jeśli jest pewne, że zabezpieczenie to będzie działać czy też ponownie wysypisk konsolę help ??

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
noragrets Co sądzisz na wyłączony konsoli i co dalej??

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Postaram się zrobić to samo ponownie z konsolą nie mogę zainstalować żadnej ochrony przed utratą tego menu muszę myśleć, czy mogę jakoś chronić przed cbhc jeśli znowu będzie taki sam błąd, ponieważ wiem, że w jakikolwiek sposób można tylko zapytać, jak i jeśli jest pewne, że zabezpieczenie to będzie działać czy też ponownie wysypisk konsolę help ??
This is English only forum. Please make it easier for us to help you. Even with Google translate the sentences don't make sense.

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ffs ANOTHER one?? God dammit people, READ!!!!. It clearly states in all the guides here that you must BUY the DS title.
You are late to the party, there were enough posts that stated this out.
And because he doesn't understand english i don't think he will understand it this time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Just make sure the DS title is a legit one purchased from eShop and you won't brick.
But if you're worried, just use regular Haxchi and don't install CBHC. There is no way you can brick just from using regular Haxchi.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: This looks like one of their premium models, so... $150 :glare: